Tracing history 13.1 chestnut mare brandy

beaverbird2003

Sep 17, 2008
hi all i recently purchased a little sec b x arab (may be) chestnut mare, was called brandy, has a freezemark 2L60 (0 is a diamond shape) we reckon she's in her twenty's, she had no paper work with her, she was sold from the stanstead area in 2007 we think, a really quiet pony she has a white blaze/stripe on face, we bought from the clacton area, have tried farmkey but all they could tell me was the firm that freezemarked her dont trade anymore, she may jog some one's memory, she was recognised at finchingfield in the summer by some one who had seen her at towerlands a couple of years back. Any info would be great, would just like to know a bit about her.

LisW

Nov 13, 2007
Suffolk
I'm almost sure we tried this pony for my autistic son last year. If she is the same pony - she matches name, description, age & was near Stansted - I somewhere have contact details for the family who had owned her for years & totally adored her. They were desperate for a long term / permanant home for her - but she was just too small for him. Might even have some photos somewhere on computer.

LisW

Nov 13, 2007
Suffolk
Now convinced is same pony. I have found previous owners details. I obviosuly can't just pass on somebody's details. But if you would like me to I can contact them to ask if okay to pass their details to you, or yours to them. Please pass any details by PM.

armine

Sep 19, 2008
Brandy

I was contacted by LizW and think that Brandy may well have been our old pony. She wss sold last year with passport and complete vqccination history though. We had had her for three years.I f you send an e-mail to [email protected] I will send you some photos and info on her although will not be a home tonight. She was a really quiet first pony and we bought her for my daughter when she was aged 9. We sold her as my daughter had grown and needed something bigger andmore sprightly. We now have a five year old for her! Brandy was a fairly chunky Welsh / Arab Cross and missing two back teeth which had been extracted by the vet. We live aboutnine miles from Stansted
Best wishes
Armine

hi all i recently purchased a little sec b x arab (may be) chestnut mare, was called brandy, has a freezemark 2L60 (0 is a diamond shape) we reckon she's in her twenty's, she had no paper work with her, she was sold from the stanstead area in 2007 we think, a really quiet pony she has a white blaze/stripe on face, we bought from the clacton area, have tried farmkey but all they could tell me was the firm that freezemarked her dont trade anymore, she may jog some one's memory, she was recognised at finchingfield in the summer by some one who had seen her at towerlands a couple of years back. Any info would be great, would just like to know a bit about her.

Last edited by a moderator:

armine

Sep 19, 2008
Brandy conmtinued

By the way, according to her passport our Brandy would be 20 now - she was 19 on the pasport when sold.

Armine Burgess

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
wow small world!! sounds like a result..:D

just a word of caution not always a good ideal to post your full name on a public internet forum :)

beaverbird2003

Sep 17, 2008
Thanks every one for taking the time to reply, we have found brandy's previous owners, fantastic cant tell you how chuffed we are, thanks again .

LisW

Nov 13, 2007
Suffolk
Glad could help. You've got a lovely pony there & her previous owners were lovely people too. Hope all works out for you with her.