Tracing Lady's history

karsteine

Apr 30, 2008
Northampton
I'm now on the hunt to try and find out Lady Jayne's history, i only have a small amount from the rescue i got her from.
For what ive been told lady was more or less left in a field with wheelbarrows full of rabbit food to eat, after her owner got divorced from her partner.
However i would like to know about lady, what training she had, if she was ever in any shows or BSJA reg'd.
Lady if freezemarked so i will be giving Farmkey a ring to see if they have any info on her, i also have her prev owner datails on her passport but know that the prev owner no longer lives at that address.
Here prev owner lived in Long eaton, Nottingham, prev owners name was Miss Emma Birch.
Lady was born in 1995, she's a chesnut mare has a full white blaze with a white scar mark on the left side of her belly.
Marked as 15.3hh on her passport, but now messured as 16hh 1/2.
If anyone can help me out i would be really greatful.

Here you go.

011.jpg

You wont be able to see the white scar mark as its right under her belly.

I knew a chesnut years ago at my old yard.. Looks simlar but its a pretty common name..

Does she have a dish in front ?

The one I remeber was a wild girl under saddle and had a dish.. See was owned by a lady that couldnt cope so was give or sold for a small amount to a scottish family for show jumping, I think she was sold on after that as proved to be too difficlut ?

Sound anything like her ?

I knew a chesnut years ago at my old yard.. Looks simlar but its a pretty common name..

Does she have a dish in front ?

The one I remeber was a wild girl under saddle and had a dish.. See was owned by a lady that couldnt cope so was give or sold for a small amount to a scottish family for show jumping, I think she was sold on after that as proved to be too difficlut ?

Sound anything like her ?

It doesnt sound like Lady, as she doesnt dish at all and is very sane when under saddle.
However thank you for your reply.

might not help but haveyou tried looking on horsemart to see if the lady who previously owned her have any other horses for sale and you might be able to get her contact details that way,im sure iv seen that ladys name before somewhere. I might be wrong.
Very pretty horse.:)

just had a quick look on there for you, there is a horse called Lady Jayne which is chestnut and born on 1st Jan 1995.It says she is passprted with Horse Passport Agency ltd. If you have definty got the year of birth right it is the only one listed for 1995 being a chestnut mare.

Might be her then as lady is passported with the horse passport agency, do you have the link so i can have a look please.
I would be really greatful.

she looks pretty tb to me so here may be a possibility:

Lady Jane (IRE)
13-y-o (08May96 ch m) CHESTNUT MARE
Petardia (7.5f) — Lune De Miel (Kalamoun )
Trainer W R Muir
Owner Hollywood Robbie
Breeder C Ferard & C Ferard & Mme P Mullier-But

Thats from "racing post"

I could get more info if u think she could be a full tb possible ex racer ;)

Speedy xxx

she looks pretty tb to me so here may be a possibility:

Lady Jane (IRE)
13-y-o (08May96 ch m) CHESTNUT MARE
Petardia (7.5f) — Lune De Miel (Kalamoun )
Trainer W R Muir
Owner Hollywood Robbie
Breeder C Ferard & C Ferard & Mme P Mullier-But

Thats from "racing post"

I could get more info if u think she could be a full tb possible ex racer ;)

Speedy xxx

I wish that was her, her full name is Lady Jayne, and born in 95.
She has TB in her but think she may be crossed with a connie.
Thank you though for your help.

You could also try googling her name as i was lead to believe that my girl was an ex racehorse, i googled her and i found out nearly everything,,she had never raced and had 2 foals so if she is a tb u might have some joy that way. It took me a little time to look thro different sites etc but i found out so much.If she is a tb but have never raced you might be able to see if she was at a stud and had any foals etc..
Defintly worth persisting with it as i found out so much and my horse turned out to be completly different to what i was lead to believe.

Sorry i didnt reply earlier i was offline

Last edited:
Funny thing, i put a advert up on stabletalk and someone has come back to me about Lady.
They gave me alot more info about her and how her prev owners couldnt cope with her.
I know she has had some sort of dressage done but she couldnt give me any more details.
Heres what the person sent me said about lady.

When we went to collect lady from the field that emma had her in to bring her to ours lady played up something chronic and emma and her mum wouldn't go near her. Hubby had to catch her and she was a right c*w, trying to drag him all over the place and rearing up.

Well the girl was absolutely terrified of her and lady new it. She was definitely not for a novice. She used to be a bugger in the field and charge at people. She loved my hubby and would do anything for him. My daughter rode her a few times and said she was great to ride and lady moved lovely. Emma moved her from my yard to be with a friend but found lady to much and sent her back to homeward bound. I think there was some arguement over who was to pay for the transport to get her back to them.

She was a lovely mare that just needed the attention given to her.

newrider.com