Trailer insurance

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I am the proud owner of a second hand Ivor Williams 1505 trailer. A friend was selling hers at a good price, and it's a good deal, so I bought it even though I was planning on waiting a few months and don't yet have a towing vehicle! Oh and Roxy is lame. But anyway! Roxy is insured with KBIS, are they good for trailers too? Any recommendations?

We have used the 'Organisation of Horsebox and Trailer Owners' for years, now owned by PRP and the rescue service is superb, they also offer insurance although we have ours with SEIB as they gave us the cheapest quote this year as we have a commercial policy with them as well for the RS. Be very careful choosing your rescue, that is more important than insurance as many will tow/load onto low loader with your horse on board,not something I would ever contemplate (except in an extreme emergency like being towed to services off motorway to transfer horses to alternative transport).

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Woho! :D how exciting. I had my old trailer insured with SEIB and when it was stolen they were very good and paid out within 3 weeks with no arguments.

Can't remember who mine is with to be honest as OH pays it. I do have PRP though which as eml says I think is far more important. Congrats on getting your trailer :) boo to Roxy being lame though and healing vibes for Roxy coming your way.

Reactions: squidsin
newrider.com