Trailer makes and models

So...... Hired a Bateson Deauville today for some trailer practice. Plenty of room and from checking the spec the 506 is not much smaller so think we might just go for that. SadLy need to postpone first outing as he's not reliable enough loading and I don't want to stress him (or myself!).

Has anyone come across Nugent trailers? Are they easy enough re servicing/parts? A friend has one for sale second hand and looks nice but not a make I've any experience of.

Not heard of or seen a nugent. So my only input there, in terms of resale if you ever needed to, Ifor's hold their value and always sell well because everyone knows them, that would sway me over a lesser known brand, that and parts are always going to be cheap and readily available for them because there's so many on the roads :)

Ifor defo hold their value, you see second hand 506, 511s for sale for only a few hundred less than new. I'd always stick with Ifor Williams personally.

Bateson, not sure what the newer ones are like but I’m a big fan, I like the ramp on the left too, if you need to get horses off on a roadside your offloading onto the verge not into traffic, one of the men on our yard has a cheval which looks nice too.
I’m a big fan of Bateson. :D

My boy loves his. He travels really well in it- so light and airy compared to a similarly sized Ifor.

Well we bought the Nugent! Impressive build quality and spec. Loved little things like gas struts on the ramp making it easy to move by myself (I couldn't lift the Bateson ramp, very tight springs and very heavy). Local garage services them and assures me parts are easy to get. Now just need to get them used to loading without flattening me!!

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com