Training Gaited Horse

I'mForAris

Hello,
I've been asked, much to my delight, to take up training a new horse. I've assisted training on and off most of my life, but I've never had a project of my own.
The woman who owns the horse just up and bought the horse without much guidence. She is a 4 year old gaited tennessee walker who is very green. She's only had a rider on her a few times and her owner is not a balanced rider so she has asked me to work with the horse and with her both individually and together as a training/instructing project. I'm really quite excited about it. I have two friends who are experienced local trainers backing me so that if I hit any walls along the way they'll help out.
The thing is I've never worked with a gaited horse before. I've ridden them and such, but never trained one. She is naturally gaited and goes along well, but does any one know of any resources for gaited horse training?
Her rider really just wants a trail horse, so I'm going to do a lot of work at the walk and running walk (on trails, in the round pen and doing figures in the arena/field) to help get her muscled and balanced properly before putting her inexperienced owner on her.
Any ideas? Any experiences? Anything?
Thanks!

newrider.com