TREC/Agility & Mounted Games

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
The yard had another sesh of this yesterday. There were two groups this time and practically everyone stayed on to join in some mounted games. Last time - at the beginning of November- was the last day I rode Albi and typically noone wanted to do the games so I missed out. Anyhoo, Dom got a new camera for his birthday last week so he was the 'fishal photographer...and I just watched and helped out a bit here and there.

Albi's loaner - J- messaged ne on NYE to tell me she has fallen in love with him and asked if she can buy him which I am delighted about as I think they are (a) a super match and (b) he remains on the yard so I get to cuddle and kiss him! She was there yesterday and Albi stormed through the TREC, finishing 3rd out 16 which made me proud. Then it was time for the games..... something new for him. J was brought up on PC games so knows her stuff. First race was a nice sumple bending one and Albi was a little "WTF? Er.... okaaay" at being asked to go off at speed from a standing start but he soon caught on and threw himself gaily into the mayhem, even starting to develop a turn on a sixpence - cob-sized sixpence, of course!! J was delighted with him and has entered him onto the local RC team for the Adult Mounted Games at Rodbaston in May. Dom and I spectated these last year and if you can get there, they are a fab day out - you WILL be hoarse (no pun intended) from screaming support!!!

Good fun all round.

As a PS, Jack has settled in easily back on the main yard and I am loving being back there. Completely the right decision.

newrider.com