Trec competition this weekend

shanzee

Oct 29, 2007
Lancashire
We have a level 2 competition at East Marton near Skipton this weekend - Orienteering on Saturday and COP and PTV on Sunday. I usually go as an individual, but my friend Syl wants a go so I said I would partner her.

Syl has map blindness - couldn't find her way out of a paper bag! - so I am in charge of map reading and she is in charge of the stopwatch. Whatever happens we'll have a good time. We're really looking forward to it :skip:

Good luck and enjoy! I think trec is fab!

We did a short comp last weekend – just the COP and PTV, our second trec comp and was really pleased with how he’s progressed since we started. We came 3rd and 4th in the two classes we entered – I honestly expected not to finish!

Hoping to try more of the orienteering sections this winter in a winter leagues that seems to hold them – find a lot of the ones our way to the shortened format

This will be my 6th full one, my 3rd as a pair. Usually I prefer to go as an individual because not many horses can keep up with Tia, but her and Syl's horse Ben are fairly evenly matched.

I'm using this weekend as a warm up / practice run ready for GB Champs the week after next - can't wait for that :bounce:

newrider.com