treeless saddle help

scottishterrier

Jun 18, 2008
Scotland
my new loan horse came with a treeless saddle(Fheonix) i have ridden in treeless a few times but not any real riding as such.
This saddle is killing me! my outer and inner thighs hurt, my back kills during and for many hours after a ride and i have to say i just dont feel secure or comfortable in it. Is it a case of building up time to get used to it or is it that it just wont suit some people? Im 6ft 1 and all leg and it seems to force me into either a far too long leg length resulting in me not being able to trot properly or i end up way too short and unbalanced. x

Sometimes saddles just don't suit certain people, but they do take a certain amount of adjusting to, as usually the twist is wider and the stirrups are further back, making you open your hips.

Sometimes saddles just don't suit certain people, but they do take a certain amount of adjusting to, as usually the twist is wider and the stirrups are further back, making you open your hips.

yeah but i swear i have never been in so much pain from riding. i do 10 mile hacks regularly with the other horses and have never so once as winced when getting off but with this im cramping up and feel like my legs will drop off lol. had a saddle fitter out today though and my other saddle may do so fingers crossed x

If you are used to treed saddles the position is completely different and you will be using muscles you probably didn't know you had:)
As with any new style saddle, you should build up your riding time to let your muscles adapt to the new position.

newrider.com