Trent Park, does anybody ride there?

I used to work there! It's changed a lot since then - for the better - and it's really grown, it's huge. I've popped in a few times in recent years & had the odd ride. Great facilities (2 enormous indoor schools!), nice neds, qualified instructors, fun offroad hacking BUT it's very busy at times & isn't cheap.

I used to work there! It's changed a lot since then - for the better - and it's really grown, it's huge. I've popped in a few times in recent years & had the odd ride. Great facilities (2 enormous indoor schools!), nice neds, qualified instructors, fun offroad hacking BUT it's very busy at times & isn't cheap.

Thanks Iron Maiden

Yes I thought from the website it looked like it might be busy, especially if it can sustain a cafe!

I might try a lesson there as it's actually the same price that I pay now, but yes it's still expensive.

Are you near Herts/ Essex then?:)

Yup, I ride there and love it. Everyone's been really friendly to me - and I get on really well with the instructors (and they've done a really good job with me). Also the horses are great for making you feel really safe (which is a big bonus in my book as I'm still a baby in riding terms)!

PM me if you want any more details (or fancy coming out on a hack with me there ;))

Yup, I ride there and love it. Everyone's been really friendly to me - and I get on really well with the instructors (and they've done a really good job with me). Also the horses are great for making you feel really safe (which is a big bonus in my book as I'm still a baby in riding terms)!

PM me if you want any more details (or fancy coming out on a hack with me there ;))

brilliant thanks, I've sent you PM:)

Used to ride there before I starting sharing and then ended up buying. About 2 years ago.

Used to have some really nice interesting horses, some challenging in the nicest possible way ;) They have alot of horses so you don't get the thing I've had with some schools where you have the same 6 horses every week and everyone resenting the people who get the good one.
The downside was the prices ( but then it is london) and I work so could only ride in evenings which are peak times and class group sizes were quite large. My sharer used to ride there too before he started helping me with Frankie and I gather from him this was still the case 6 months ago.

The bank holiday pub rides used to be good.

Thanks Iron Maiden

Yes I thought from the website it looked like it might be busy, especially if it can sustain a cafe!

I might try a lesson there as it's actually the same price that I pay now, but yes it's still expensive.

Are you near Herts/ Essex then?:)

I live in Sheffield now but I grew up in Enfield.

Second CrisO about the bank hol pub rides - I used to take them out sometimes, they were fantastic, there's a great gallop you get to do through Whitewebs woods - wheeeeee!! :D My horse nearly squashed Ray Clemence, the old Spurs & England goalie, coming out of the car park of the King & Tinker pub once. Ooooh what a claim to fame! Those were the days :p

Thanks all. I've decided to go for a lesson and give it a go once I get back from holiday.

I'll report back how it goes incase anyone is interested :eek:

I'm in Herts :D Let me know how it goes, I'm currently looking for a riding school too. My ponio resents the school!

I used to ride at Trent park with CrisO, now have my own and livery at London Equestrian Centre.

I enjoyed TP but when I was there many years ago sometimes there was not good co-ordination between people in the office who were deciding who rides what and the instructors who know who is capable of riding what! So towards the end I got a bit disillusioned as I ended up on big horses and I was more comfortable on ponies as am only 5.2ft.

Lesson booked at Trent Park

Hi all

Well I'm back from hols and have booked my first lesson at Trent Park for Sunday :). Really looking forward to it, fingers crossed for me please.

Will post Sunday to let you know how I got on, hope you're interested :eek:

Coco xx

Hey, Wotsit!

I wonder if I know you. I Blaze with the occassional tues. or thurs. private lesson. I'm American with long, curley blond hair and a bad habbit of losing my bottle when faced with any bolshie horse shenanigans. I stick to Maria's 'robots'. Will be there tomorrow- whoops! today.

Hey, happymom

Not been there for a while (I'm just finishing off a distance learning degree) but I'm normally the one who's either laughing so much I'm practically falling off at walk or doing lots of without stirrup work because I dont' like keeping my heels down in canter! We probably do know eachother to look at though!

We (my sister and I) are going to be there on Weds for a hack at 5.30 if you fancy joining us!

newrider.com