Trespassers AGAIN

Yep weve got a number of the security boxes.

Youd have thought if the kids are back at school there would be less issues. I know gypsies dont go to school. Weird how its suddenly started. The only way is to try to catch them out. I used to go to the yard at different times of the day and night. So never had a set routinue. I do to with the farm. The regular lads that sit about smoking there dope dont learn your time table.

My brothers in the process of making hay this week for the council in the park. They want it done for hay as it part of there conservation bit. You know wild area for wildlife in the town. Its the worst place in town though, its known to be the bad area for antisocial behaviour and crime. The park is massive, football pitches, kids play area, skatboard ramp, stream but you wouldnt want to be out in it on your own at night. Apparently monday the council painted the skateboard ramp with there non slip paint. Its done regularly as its used loads. Tuesday the kids are gathering up the loose hay, dragging it onto the skateboard ramp and setting light to it.
This is the same park that last year as we were baling they were getting the bales, dragging them onto it and setting light. The firebrigade came out twice last year whilst we were trying to bale. He hasnt even got to baling it this year and its being burned.

Last edited:
(((hugs))) Ale. It sounds like another word with your yard owner is needed, and ask him if he can have another word and also increase security at the field. I like @diplomaticandtactful 's idea too as long as it isn't going to upset or annoy your YO.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Having a rather stressful time at the moment and this isn't helpful. I'm off next week so if it continues I can work on sorting a solution then so thanks for all the ideas. I assume ale is fine I've not heard from my yard owner.

She was going over to chat to the person who lets where the culprits live. They are hoping to evict these tenants asap due to lots of bad behaviour. So hopefully this will resolve it all.

I can't lock internal gates as our fences are electric with wooden posts. The battery box is an options if I can find something free standing. Will read your replies more in-depth as soon as I can but thankyou

So sorry to hear you are having his hassle Ale. I can understand how worried and fed up you must be feeling. I'm sending you a big hug in the hope that it may lift your spirits for a few seconds.

The only advise I have is to keep on at your Yard Owner and let them know how upset and scared this has made you. They have a duty of care towards yourself and Ale and they need to take proactive action to stop this behaviour now. Personally I would call the police, but I understand why you are hesitant to do that.

Reactions: Huggy
These things tend to happen in phases, dont they? We had waves of break ins, one wave, It was rugs off the horse's backs, next one it was our cars when we were out riding, then it was trailers and the last one, a couple of years ago, it was hay and feed. And of course, always, the inevitable fly tipping.

Ale, I just want to say that I am really sorry you are having this trouble, and I honour you for not tarring everyone with the same brush and being open minded, kind and understanding even of the sort of kids who would generally just be labelled as no goods. Well done you. You are accumulating so much karma.

I don't want to jinx it but I'm hoping a resolution has been found! Credit to my yard owner for all her hard work in getting it resolved. Not only did she do a stake out to try and get footage of whoever it is, but she also went over to the gypsy camp, on her own, and asked to talk to the guy who rents it all out. He agreed to a meeting so they had a long chat and it sounds as though he is taking it seriously. Fingers crossed anyway and it's not just luck that I've had no problems last couple of nights. They have said they will also place some of that metal fencing over where they are coming in, that's the gypsies who are going to do that so they are not all bad.

I really think the majority of them in that camp do just want to be left alone and peacefully do their own thing. It's just a few causing all the issues and sadly it's the ones that are not raising their kids properly so the kids then go on to misbehave.

I really think the majority of them in that camp do just want to be left alone and peacefully do their own thing. It's just a few causing all the issues and sadly it's the ones that are not raising their kids properly so the kids then go on to misbehave.
it's always the few isn't it. We are going back into lockdown here because of folks not doing what they are supposed to.

I really, really hope your YO has sorted a resolution. It must be terrifying not knowing what you'll find next. Up here there are few travelling folk in rural areas. However I have come across travellers kids in my work. You are bob on, angry kids with no role models and I'm not being sexist saying in some cases (least in my experience) a lack of a male role model for young men. The kid I had dealings with chose to emulate the negative behaviour he saw. He knew the consequences but still made that choice. Like the kids vandalising your field are choosing to do that. Hopefully someone can highlight that wrong choice to them and this stops

newrider.com