tribute to my horse, warning sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibble

Feb 8, 2006
Herts/Essex border
Kal you are myfirst horse that I have owned, since the age of 4 I have shared, borrowed and fully loaned horses until you. We are both clumsy both tall both scruffy but you were mine, fantastic to handle, whinnying to greet me and knocking over the barrow when poop-picking to cheer me up.

We never got to compete but you made me feel like I was in the olympics when you went well in the school or we hacked out round the forest. You made me think I could ride.

Today I have been told that you are in a huge amount of pain and that the chances it can be controlled are slim. I have just had to make the heart rending decision that you should be pain free. I haven't stopped crying since. I have tomorrow to say goodbye. We only knew each other 5 months but you have converted 2 people scared of horses into cuddling you. Both yards you have been at are devestated you had then all in love with you with your personality, especially the way you used to reach over and let the others out their stables and turn their lights on.

I will miss you always and you'll always be my first horse I hope that horsey heaven is full of carrots and long grass.

I just don't know yet how I am going to say goodbye

You have nothing but my fullest admiration for putting Kal's welfare,before your own.This must be the hardest,but soundest decision that you have ever made.Please be comforted by those facts.If she could speak,i'm sure she would be saying thankyou.

She sounds a wonderful character.
My thoughts are with you both.

My deepest condolences....

The right decision is not always the easiest.

My thoughts and love are with you xxxxxx

So sorry things have gone this way, Wibble. I hope it helps to know that we all feel for you and Kal. It's the hardest thing ever for people who love horses, but she'll be pain free, and be somewhere with all her favorite treats and activities.

Take care.

Wibble this is the hardest thing and the kindest thing you will ever have to do. [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] for you, and I'm sure she will understand why you are doing what has to be done.

I am so sorry about your horse, I know how you feel, I had to put my first horse down after only owning her a month. My best wishes and being sent your way and My thoughts are with you and your baby. I am so sorry... I wish there was more I could say....

What a lovely tribute to what sounds like an absolute darling of a horse.

You were lucky to have each other over these last 5 months and I am deeply sorry that it is not going to be for any longer.

Keep strong and know that you did the right thing. What an awful decision for you.

Lots of love and hugs,

Dee

This was sent to me last week when we lost our beloved old bloodhound.....I figure it represents any of our lovely companions who we love and lose....

I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles now my life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo, whispering softly down the waves,
of happy times and playful times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve to dry before the sun,
of happy memories that I leave, now my life is done.

What a lovely tribute. I can honestly say this is one of the hardest decisions you will have to make. I know how heart wrenching this can be no matter how much you know you have made the right decision. Stay strong and feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to. I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.

That made me cry-how sad :( My deepest sympathies for you must be heart renching, but you are doing the right thing by putting your pone out of pain-if you ever want to talk I am here for you :)

Big Hugs to you

I have lost 2 and I know it absolutely tears your world and your heart apart, I know it feels like it won't but it does get easier.

My sister thought this was wierd so sorry if you do too but did you know you can have a pendant made from tail hair? I thought it was a nice idea as its like you always then keep them with you just a thought incase you want to collect some hair.

Bless you I hope you are ok :)

Made me have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat too - I need to go and cry now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com