Tuffa boots

misty

Oct 6, 2016
morning all,
Just a quickie in my never ending quest for comfortable, wide, hardwearing riding/yard boots. I’m torn between a few different types but I’m curious about Tuffa boots. They’re obviously a bit pricier but are they worth it? Does anyone have any or know anyone who has? I’ve read mixed reviews - some glowing and others damning. But it would be nice to have a real person review as the ones online are few and far between...
Thanks! Xxx

My friend has a pair and she has had them years but she wears them very lightly in comparison to how I wear boots for yard and riding. The quality is lovely but I'm not sure how they would last with my type of heavier use.

I tried a pair on. I am a wide calf and their wide didn't go anywhere near me. Granted it was about 5 years ago so they may have adjusted the width to what I'd call wide.

I wear wide ariat or the ariat Grasmere/glacier standard do fit me on the widest setting with the laces. My 1st ariat lasted me 4 years with heavy use,I sadly don't think they are made the same now so in winter I wear my lightweight ariat wellies and just pop my boots on for riding. I thought it would be a pain but it only adds about 5 mins to my day.

Will follow with interest as I hinestly don't think boots or alot of things are made as long lasting these days which is a huge shame and annoyance.

Reactions: misty
LOVE mine! Have the country riders and some posh riding boots. Wouldn't buy any other brand now as comfy, well made and long lasting. Fit on my chunky calf muscles perfect too.

For many years Tuffa long boots were provided as uniform to the trainees at the RS where I hacked.
I never had boots but in 2002 I bought a pair of Tuffa half chaps via the yard, leather, suede which has now worn smooth. They are still fine. I kitted out my grand daughter with the same.
Only time I havent been able to use the Tuffa ones is over Mountain horse broad lace up winter boots, which required matching Mountain Horse half chaps..

Thanks - I’m hearing more about mountain horse boots too at the moment. I’d not seen those but I’m going to look into it. If only there was a shop within visiting distance where I could try on all these different brands. I went the other day to one and literally nothing fit my fat calves apart from wide fit country boots but I felt like I’d stress about keeping those on while riding.

I bought a pair of boots from fuller fillies but they immediately started letting water in and they weren’t cheap either!

I had the mountain horse high riders and rim frost riders before I converted to Tuffa. The Tuffa boots are better made. The zip on my Tuffa Norfolk riding boots is down the side, not the back like the mountain horse boots. I much prefer this. The Zips on my high riders also required replacing three times over the years.

I bought my dad a pair of the Tuffa Suffolk boots for use around the farm, he seems to rate them but says they are very warm so he only tends to wear them over winter. They feel very heavy in the sole but they clean up well and seem well made.
I had the Tuffa country riders years ago, unfortunately they didn't fit me (I seem to have funny shaped feet) so can't really comment although the sheepskin inside them was lovely andn they seemed pretty well made. :)

I had the mountain horse high riders and rim frost riders before I converted to Tuffa. The Tuffa boots are better made. The zip on my Tuffa Norfolk riding boots is down the side, not the back like the mountain horse boots. I much prefer this. The Zips on my high riders also required replacing three times over the years.

I now have two pair of MHhigh riders that require their second set of zips......

newrider.com