Turns Out There Are Two Things Dolly Is Scared Of..

Showjumper

Ex Member
Dec 30, 2000
Swans (totally get that, they are evil and scary!) and the very odd thing we met out hacking this evening.

A car wrapped in cling film!! :confused:

a car wrapped in cling film?! How weird! I can totally understand the swans though.
Went for a ride today, past vans motorbikes and those evil 'suprise-attack' dogs (the ones that you can see watching you from their gate but they wait until horse is passing exactly over their said gate point before leaping up and barking their heads off!) but that was all fine, until we saw some hubcaps in a hedge which we couldnt get past without trotting and snorting :eek:

It was very weird! Not sure if it was actual cling film or clear bale wrap but it was a very peculiar thing to find in the village. I think the farmers may be playing a practical joke on someone, a nice little diversion from hay cutting lol!

Hehe hubcaps in the hedge are pretty freaky, especially when the sun hits them!

Rosie when out hacking is terrified (so she tells me) of these green recycling bags for garden waste. However on the yard the other day it was windy and one blew across the roofs of the stables and landed right in front of her. Guess what? She didn't move a muscle. Do you think she's having me on?

clingfilmcar.jpg

Taa daa, the car in question was there on my way to the yard but had left by the time I came home (big pile of clingfilm by the side of the road now though :mad: ). Sorry about the poor quality, I took it with my mobile then had to edit out the numberplate.

clingfilmcar.jpg

Taa daa, the car in question was there on my way to the yard but had left by the time I came home (big pile of clingfilm by the side of the road now though :mad: ). Sorry about the poor quality, I took it with my mobile then had to edit out the numberplate.

:eek: I'd have freaked if I saw that in the flesh :eek:

Rosie would've gone past that as if it's normal, but then freaked at the horse eating roadsigns in the top left corner of the picture :D

lol it is a really odd thing to find on what's normally a quiet/boring route!

PMSL the signs used to be quite scary but the council re-concreted them into the ground recently so they don't sway in the wind anymore.

That is a bit weird SJ - I think you're right and it's the farmers having a joke on someone! :D

it was a 'proper' mini- we even wrapped underneath it (picked it up half at a time if you get me) while it was parked at school *whistles*

was hilarious when he came out and saw it, he couldnt even open the doors :D

Reading your post originally I thought you said 'a cat wrapped in clingfilm' - thought why on earth would someone wrap a cat in clingfilm?! :p

LL, I wish my class'dve thought of that... All we got up to was zip-tying everything of our favourite teacher's to other things, including all of the pairs of scissors shut.. Maybe this year :D

Last edited:
newrider.com