Tuscany

Is the hacking good there? I have no idea how bridle paths work in Italy. If you can ride out off road it must be just beautiful!

The hacking is superb - they don't have bridleways .... you just ride through the vineyards, the olive groves, the quiet little villages, along almost traffic free roads, the woods, down old roman roads and across / along streams, canter up hills, etc. - as long as the ground is not fenced off you can go.

We have a guided passeggiata of one hour around the farm roads for novices - no road work at all and a 2 hour which crosses roads and takes in the local countryside. It is also possible to ride out to the local winery for a wine & local produce tasting and back again - takes about 5 hours and includes a history of the region and of the vineyard and how they are reintroducing the old vines and methods.

See a glimpse here -

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey
Couple of videos - the first I took a few years ago of the Friday afternoon quadrille - great fun :)
Zara leading, then Tempo, Sacha, Squib, Marcoz and Nina.

The second is a video taken by a parent from kids week even longer ago but it gives an insight into this magical place - I find it quite emotional to watch, but that is probably because of all the great times I have had there ...

Last edited:
Reactions: selside
newrider.com