Typically British

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
And going to complain about the weather, I am sick to death of mild, wet weather. Come on winter get here already so I don't have to spend my evening slopping about in the wet. Below freezing, hard ground and dry weather would be very welcome just now o_O

Well I've just gone through two coats this morning feeding cows and horses. I was drenched. Has the audacity to stop now.
Sadly the cold snaps are going to get fewer and fewer over the years.
On the positive side. Only a couple of weeks till the shortest day.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
yes we were mud boarding yesterday, fleur came thrown the gate way at a gallop and pebble dashed me. Dry no frost would be good due to laminitis issues. I put down a lot of mats in gateways in the summer, including a track from the garden through the paddock to the stables, so I can walk on them and not through the mud. why I didn't do that 4 years ago as it is brilliant. We have a river running through the field at the moment.

Reactions: Jessey
Dont entirely agree with wishing the rain would stop. Our ponds in Surrey had gone so low that it has been lovely to watch them fill up again and the heron has come back.

Dry no frost would be good due to laminitis issues.
anything below 6c at night increases the lami risk because the plants stop respiring, I can't give Jess fresh strips of grass with it cool the way it is now as its already a high risk, so I might as well have the frost and not the mud and still be in the same boat.

I'm waiting for it to stop bloody raining so I can go back and do the poo picking,. And be mugged for more hay by wet pissed off horses...

Reactions: Jessey
We get less rain here than at our old place. So I shouldn't grumble! I rarely have a three coat day. It was novel seeing frost on the grass a few days ago - most unusual.

Well I've just gone through two coats this morning feeding cows and horses. I was drenched. Has the audacity to stop now.
Sadly the cold snaps are going to get fewer and fewer over the years.
On the positive side. Only a couple of weeks till the shortest day.

Yes I was thinking about the shortest day too, not long now:)

I find it quite funny when people say ‘ ooh it’s nearly Christmas’ when all I get excited about is dec 21st!
I’m sick of the rain too, but I don’t want icy roads either :p

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
newrider.com