Ugh, cold then flu now tonsilitis !!"£$"%

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
I've never ever had tonsilitis before :stomp:

Last night I was freezing cold, despite a lava temperature bath, then during the night I had a temperature develop to 39C and I woke up several times in a sweat. So thought 'This isn't a cold :unsure:'.

Fortunately a very good friend looked after my daughter this morning whilst I was at the doctors and I got the verdict.

Hubby and I have had constant colds or flu since November and I'm getting bloomin fed up with it. :banghead: Poor bloke is STILL suffering with a flu that he has had for 3 weeks now.

I can barely swallow and because my glands are up I'm walking around like someone with their head in a neck brace, who is stoned.

I hate feeling like this and want the warmer weather to come back and the colds to bug*er off :cry:

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Lots of good health vibes on their way! Stay warm tonight - think its gonna be a cold one again - I am freezing here in our office!!! Despite it looking lovely out there tis freezing out of the sun.
Try and eat for health too - don't know if you have much appetite but treat yourself to something nice and wholesome. And keep your liquids up too!

Claire1605

Apr 25, 2008
Essex
Oh poor you it's horrible.

I had flu and bronchitis toward the end of last year and it took me a good month or so to get back to normal. It's especially hard when you have 2 kids and a zoo full of horses, dogs, cat, gerbils and bearded dragon to look after!

I have been a bit down and ill again this week but feeling much better now.

Hope you and your OH get well very very soon x

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Lol Claire, the bearded dragon sounds impressive!!!!!! Hope you are better too - I think there has been an awful lot of bugs about lately.

Claire1605

Apr 25, 2008
Essex
Lol Claire, the bearded dragon sounds impressive!!!!!! Hope you are better too - I think there has been an awful lot of bugs about lately.

The Bearded Dragon is lovely but to start with I refused to feed him live bugs! It's my son's dragon and I said if he was to get one he has to feed it. I love bugs too much as well as all animals LOL.

I am now at the stage where I feed him by hand. I got used to it and don't worry now, although it is easier to feed crickets than locusts as the locusts are just too cute!

LauraGeeGee

Oct 5, 2008
Collier Row, Essex
I went through a phase of this, colds and tonsils swelling up for a few months. I know how it drags you down!

One tip I can give you to help with the tonsils is to gargle on soluble asprin. It acts as a local anesthetic and reduces the swelling making swallowing easier and not as painful. Really works!

Hope you feel better soon.

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Tonsilitis is just horrible. I had it last year and could only eat ice cream as swallowing was so painful. To top it all off, I got a vomiting bug at the same time.

I hope that you feel better soon. Just try and rest and let your body get over it - although when you have a small child it's easier said than done.

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
Oh no that's terrible. Hope you are better soon. Hated tonsilitis. Suffered as a child, which is much easier than having it as an adult I understand, but they had to wait until I was old enough to have them out.

I should be heading to Ringwood again either Tues or Weds if you have a preference. It was a lot longer than an hour last time despite what they said. Went to the old station at Burley and had a cooked breakie and a couple of hot chocolates. Yummy :redcarded:

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
:stomp: :stomp:

It's now transferred to my ears and a blocked nose, I feel like sh!te :cry: I can't sleep at all, fortunately hubby is doing all the child care at the moment. I just want it over with, I have HATED this winter.

Sorry having a whinge here as I don't have anywhere else to whinge at the moment.

JC - I'm tempted for a cooked breakfast sounds delicious! Mini R is at nursery those days, what time will you be heading over to Ringwood ?

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
JC - I'm tempted for a cooked breakfast sounds delicious! Mini R is at nursery those days, what time will you be heading over to Ringwood ?

Haven't booked him in yet. The little man is there now and I'll know tonight when I collect him when they want him back again. It all depends on what they find under there. I'll give you a shout.

Hope you feel better soon, if not a cooked breakie and a hot choccy will help! :biggrin:

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
And just for good luck we can add conjunctivitis to the mix now :stomp: it's not very nice waking up to find your eyes glued shut! Im currently looking like a pirate with one eye open, all I need is my eye patch and a parrot! When will this all clear off ? :timebomb: