Ugh, cold then flu now tonsilitis !!"£$"%

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
I've never ever had tonsilitis before :stomp:

Last night I was freezing cold, despite a lava temperature bath, then during the night I had a temperature develop to 39C and I woke up several times in a sweat. So thought 'This isn't a cold :unsure:'.

Fortunately a very good friend looked after my daughter this morning whilst I was at the doctors and I got the verdict.

Hubby and I have had constant colds or flu since November and I'm getting bloomin fed up with it. :banghead: Poor bloke is STILL suffering with a flu that he has had for 3 weeks now.

I can barely swallow and because my glands are up I'm walking around like someone with their head in a neck brace, who is stoned.

I hate feeling like this and want the warmer weather to come back and the colds to bug*er off :cry:

Lots of good health vibes on their way! Stay warm tonight - think its gonna be a cold one again - I am freezing here in our office!!! Despite it looking lovely out there tis freezing out of the sun.
Try and eat for health too - don't know if you have much appetite but treat yourself to something nice and wholesome. And keep your liquids up too!

Oh poor you it's horrible.

I had flu and bronchitis toward the end of last year and it took me a good month or so to get back to normal. It's especially hard when you have 2 kids and a zoo full of horses, dogs, cat, gerbils and bearded dragon to look after!

I have been a bit down and ill again this week but feeling much better now.

Hope you and your OH get well very very soon x

Lol Claire, the bearded dragon sounds impressive!!!!!! Hope you are better too - I think there has been an awful lot of bugs about lately.

Lol Claire, the bearded dragon sounds impressive!!!!!! Hope you are better too - I think there has been an awful lot of bugs about lately.

The Bearded Dragon is lovely but to start with I refused to feed him live bugs! It's my son's dragon and I said if he was to get one he has to feed it. I love bugs too much as well as all animals LOL.

I am now at the stage where I feed him by hand. I got used to it and don't worry now, although it is easier to feed crickets than locusts as the locusts are just too cute!

I went through a phase of this, colds and tonsils swelling up for a few months. I know how it drags you down!

One tip I can give you to help with the tonsils is to gargle on soluble asprin. It acts as a local anesthetic and reduces the swelling making swallowing easier and not as painful. Really works!

Hope you feel better soon.

Tonsilitis is just horrible. I had it last year and could only eat ice cream as swallowing was so painful. To top it all off, I got a vomiting bug at the same time.

I hope that you feel better soon. Just try and rest and let your body get over it - although when you have a small child it's easier said than done.

Oh no that's terrible. Hope you are better soon. Hated tonsilitis. Suffered as a child, which is much easier than having it as an adult I understand, but they had to wait until I was old enough to have them out.

I should be heading to Ringwood again either Tues or Weds if you have a preference. It was a lot longer than an hour last time despite what they said. Went to the old station at Burley and had a cooked breakie and a couple of hot chocolates. Yummy :redcarded:

:stomp: :stomp:

It's now transferred to my ears and a blocked nose, I feel like sh!te :cry: I can't sleep at all, fortunately hubby is doing all the child care at the moment. I just want it over with, I have HATED this winter.

Sorry having a whinge here as I don't have anywhere else to whinge at the moment.

JC - I'm tempted for a cooked breakfast sounds delicious! Mini R is at nursery those days, what time will you be heading over to Ringwood ?

JC - I'm tempted for a cooked breakfast sounds delicious! Mini R is at nursery those days, what time will you be heading over to Ringwood ?

Haven't booked him in yet. The little man is there now and I'll know tonight when I collect him when they want him back again. It all depends on what they find under there. I'll give you a shout.

Hope you feel better soon, if not a cooked breakie and a hot choccy will help! :biggrin:

And just for good luck we can add conjunctivitis to the mix now :stomp: it's not very nice waking up to find your eyes glued shut! Im currently looking like a pirate with one eye open, all I need is my eye patch and a parrot! When will this all clear off ? :timebomb:

newrider.com