Ultimate xmas must-haves!!! lol

i think there should be a horsey calendar (haven't seen any around though) just ordered one for the doggie! :D

Cazzarotti---It's so they think they have company...kinda underestimates horses intelligence I think, but most horses love them andjust like checking themselves out :p

Why does a horse need a mirror in its stable?! So it can do it's hair? :confused:
x

we have two college horses that have mirrors on either sides of their stables:

from a website link:

Stable Mirrors have a dramatic effect on the well being of a stabled horse or pony. What they have been found to achieve under scientific test conditions:

o Horses which had been long term weavers 'stopped or significantly reduced this within 24 hours' of a stable mirror being fitted.
o One long term study found that horses which had been weaving for at least 2 years reduced this by 77% with stable mirrors fitted compared to an 85% reduction where they had a companion horse in full site within 1 metre.
o Studies also found that Horses are Happier and More Relaxed with a stable mirror fitted, significantly improving their welfare and quality of life.

Cazzarotti---It's so they think they have company...kinda underestimates horses intelligence I think, but most horses love them andjust like checking themselves out :p

We've got a mirror in our arena to check position. Coquette is obsessed with it. Every time we pass it, she has to take a quick peek at herself. There used to be two mirrors side by side, but Legs liked to make out with his reflection and ended up breaking it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Haha. Keket, reminds me of willow. we were out on a road hack, going by the outback, and theres one wall with 4-5 tinted windows, and she saw her reflection and she wass more or less like " whoa! whos that sexy beast?" clip clop " whoa! whos that sexy beast?" clip clop " whoa! whos that sexy beast?" et cetera, it was quite funny to see, she loves herself dearly :rolleyes:

newrider.com