Unaccompanied teenage riding holidays

ponies-R-gr8!!!

Me and a fat ginger pony!
Jul 27, 2006
Northants UK
Sorry i know this has been done before:eek:
Anyone been to or know of anywhere that offers teenage riding holidays? I would like to own a pony for a week and have fun basically!
I have looked on google and found a few but im not sure if anyone else has any suggestions and experiences??
Thanks

When I was younger we went to Whisgills riding stables at Newcastleton on the Scottish borders, the holidays there were some of the best of my life :D

When I was at secondary school (so early teens I think) I used to go here:

TM International School of Horsemanship
BHS Approved Training Centre
Situated on the edge of beautiful Bodmin Moor, we offer scenic moorland hacks and instructional residential riding holidays. Unaccompanied teenagers welcome. Motivated Working Pupils trained to BHSAI in record time. Telephone: 01579 362895
Fax 01579 363646
Captain Ted Moore
email enquiries@tminternational.co.uk
www.tminternational.co.uk

Sunrising Riding Centre, Henwood, Liskeard, Cornwall PL14 5BP

It was really great, and I returned several times. Made friends there, enjoyed the ponies, and rode out over the moors. You used to do a LOT of riding and looking after, I remember being absolutely starving at each meal as a result, and they're very sensible about putting you on ponies that are the right level for you - fun but not too much to handle. If it's the same now, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly, the people are nice, ponies lovely, scenery amazing!

About ten years ago, I went to Camp Farm, in Norfolk. I stayed in a caravan with two other girls, and the instructors had a caravan next door, which was a lot of fun. I've had a quick look online, but the place doesn't seem to exist any more.

A couple of years ago I went to Buller Hill, Redruth, Cornwall. http://www.cornish-riding-holidays.co.uk/ which I found very enjoyable. You tend to keep the same horse apart from the beach ride as only a certain number will fit in the box. ;)

Lots of lessons. Maybe a chance to attempt sidesaddle or go over a few XC jumps and very pretty hacking with the opportunity of a couple of fun and silly canter/gallops in a "mock hunt" where you chase a "fox" who has learnt to horse ride. Made some friends. Nice place to stay and good evening activities. Only thing is there's only really the one way to get to it by car so it may be a bit of a drive.

I went to the same place as Rhiannon264 and I loved it! Would recomment it to anyone :)

I used to work there (Camp Farm)!!!!!!!!! Many happy memories! Not sure what happened to it as I left when I got married.

Do you think there's still a demand for unaccompanied childrens holidays??? I've got an idea..........

I used to work here - http://www.landaoutdoorcentre.co.uk/ Fab Place in the middle of West Glamorgan, Wales's best :D
L & A Holiday & Riding Centre, Goytre, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan SA13 2YP Tel/Fax: 01639 885509

Oh, and my FAVOURITE riding holiday centre (went back 5 times!!) is: Snowlands Riding Centre
Par Farm, Par, Cornwall. PL24 2AE. Tel: 01726 814166

Last edited:
newrider.com