Understanding abbreviations on passports?

Em 1

Aug 18, 2001
Please can anyone help me decipher the codes on my horse's passport? I understand the main ones but there are some that leave me stumped:rolleyes: I've tried searching several sites but they all just give me the general abbreviations and codes.

E.g. Horse 1 123456 ISH MAIN STB

I think this means that Horse 1 is an Irish Sports Horse registered to the main studbook under the number 123456. However, what do these mean:

Horse 2 (AA) APP
Horse 3 TB APP
Horse 4 A AR

I've reproduced the way the initials are laid out in the passport in case that matters. Please help - I've been struggling with this for a while :rolleyes::)

i'd be inclinded to ring passport people, they issued it so should know, you'd hope:rolleyes:

tb could be thoroughbred though wetherby's is for purebreds
aa could be anglo arab

good luck

Please can anyone help me decipher the codes on my horse's passport? I understand the main ones but there are some that leave me stumped:rolleyes: I've tried searching several sites but they all just give me the general abbreviations and codes.

E.g. Horse 1 123456 ISH MAIN STB

I think this means that Horse 1 is an Irish Sports Horse registered to the main studbook under the number 123456. However, what do these mean:

Horse 2 (AA) APP
Horse 3 TB APP
Horse 4 A AR

I've reproduced the way the initials are laid out in the passport in case that matters. Please help - I've been struggling with this for a while :rolleyes::)

ive no idea just a guess anglo arab approved thoroughbred approved im probably wrong though

newrider.com