Unexpected lesson- I jumped!

I offered to help out today and was going to go on a hack to give some stabled horses a breather but in the end it was realised so many needed shoes (the farrier is due!) that only me and a customer could ride and we would have to have a lesson, unfortunatly I had chosen a sloooooow old boy for the hack and he's not so good for lessons, he's a big old slug bless him :D But we had a jump set up and I tried it and it worked, well first time it did, second time we were going way too slow and sort of petered out and the third time he did his trick of stopping then jumping it as an afterthought, (knocking the pole down- four faults!).
But anyway, it wasn't nearly so scarey as I thought it might be, so i'm feeling pretty good about that.
So anyone scared of trying it, get a quiet horse who has seen it all before and have a go!

Haha happens when you least expect it - 4 times in my case!! Not done any jumping since but can't wait to have another go (which probably means i'll fall off but hey). Think what helped for me was also not knowing it was going to happen so i couldn't get nervous about it. Good for you though!!!

newrider.com