UPDATE! Charity update and thanks to those who donated.

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Well as some of you were extremely generous in donating items to help me fund raise I thought you might like to know how the first months fund raising went. Unbelievably we raised nearly E1400 in total, and to say that Hungryhorse Outside were delighted would be an understatement. They have now been enabled to pay off an outstanding feed bill of E1,000 and puts some money towards other urgent needs that they have to help the animals.

Partly in view of how well we did , and after a chat with the lady who runs that particular animal rescue we have now decided to carry on with the same fund raising idea, but each month donate whatever we manage to raise to a different struggling animal rescue in Ireland. I am happy to say that Hunryhorse Outside have allowed us to keep any further items that were unsold to help other rescues over here. It is a dire situation for horses, donkeys, dogs and cats and every rescue is happy to support other rescues, as it is the animals that matter, not the banner that the particular rescue flies under.

So thanks so much again, to those of you who kindly donated items, without the donated items we can't continue to help. So its onwards and upwards for me and Mr. C and more work for Mystique&Neala who has been such a help getting this all off the ground and getting items sent over to me here in Ireland. If anyone is interested and uses Facebook - here is a link to my page under its new name that reflects the more general animal rescue cause in Ireland.
https://www.facebook.com/CharityTakBoxIreland

Reactions: Gimp and nat17
Splendid. I have two mountain bikes on here free to a good home and have asked that whoever takes them makes a donation to the charity you are working with. Every little helps!

Thanks so much Trewsers and its great that you are still helping us out - I hope whoever takes the mountain bikes has as generous a heart as you have. :) x

Reactions: Trewsers
Wow that's such a huge amount well done! I wish I had something I could send

Just an idea.
If you are now supporting animal charities based on votes, is it worth opening up donations for dog and cat items too?
Maybe people have leads and collars lying around unused.
Cat toys unused from kittenhood. Just a thought.

I know our local rspca shop has a dedicated cat and dog section withany baskets and blankets etc included.

Its a good idea NF and I did have dog collars and some leads but I have noticed wherever I go that there is another lady raising money for dog rescues who has a large stall with all small pet items. I got chatting to her and she is so lovely, I don't want to compete with what she is doing so for now I will stick to the equestrian items I think. :)

Reactions: newforest
Hi
Where can I send stuff to donate?
Thanks

That would be a great help KPnut if you could - I will pm you a choice of two addresses. thanks so much. :)

That's a fantastic amount. Well done. I wish I had something to send too.

chev I really don't expect everybody to send me things, it is lovely if they can, but if not just some good luck vibes that I can keep this momentum going to help the abused animals over here is enough and very welcome as well. :)

Had a really good day selling at one of our local Agri shows (even have a piccy to prove we were there this time! ;) ) A huge thank you again to those who have donated, in particular to Joellie and Newforest and Trewsers, who's donated items all flew of the stall today! Stocks are low now for next weeks Agri show but we have met some lovely people who are also going to look some items out for us to keep the ball rolling. :) Thanks again anyone who has helped, it is very much appreciated. ;) The (very) old lady in the picture was telling me how she wouldn't be buying a new lead rope of us as she makes her own from bailing twine....nor would she bee buying a new headcollar as her ancient leather ones are still going strong and people like us make far too much profit!! I think she missed the point somehow...can you tell I was saying....."Well why don't you *@*"* off then!!!" :eek::eek::pOldcastle show.jpg

Oh there is always one isn't there?! Beats me!o_O

I am so glad it has gone well. And that's reminded me - I need to get the pics of the bikes on here!lol and also I think I may have some more items for you - shall I send as before to mystique? I have a saddle cloth and some other bits and bobs.

Whichever is best for you Trewsers :) - my parcel motel address is also the UK so probably the same postage - it is:
Catherine Levy,
PM450833 Parcel Motel,
1A McKInney road,
Nerwtonabbey, Antrim,
BT36 4PE.

They send me a text when stuff comes for me and bring it down south and I only have to drive up to my local town and pick the parcel up from there. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I bet I am not the only one who zoomed in trying to see if they need anything. ;)
Glad things sold that's the idea.

As for that woman she has no idea you are doing it voluntary with items given voluntary.

Reactions: Cortrasna
NF I have to tell you - your gorgeous driving bridle has gone to a lovely lady who does displays for Irish Heritage, demonstrating how the donkeys used to carry the basket creels, often with the turf from the bog. One of her donkeys is rather a large headed boyyo and she wanted a pretty driving bridle to use on him for the demos......she took yours away to try and it fitted the lovely best perfectly! She was thrilled and so were we, I will see if she turns up at any of the shows we do and take some pics.:D

Yes that would be great. I have the rest of it but I use that.
Gosh that is a generous head.

Whichever is best for you Trewsers :) - my parcel motel address is also the UK so probably the same postage - it is:
Catherine Levy,
PM450833 Parcel Motel,
1A McKInney road,
Nerwtonabbey, Antrim,
BT36 4PE.

They send me a text when stuff comes for me and bring it down south and I only have to drive up to my local town and pick the parcel up from there. :)

That seems a good idea, I've never heard of parcel motel. I'm just washing the saddle cloths now as I type and will get them dry today (its boiling here today) and get them off soon as poss.

newrider.com