Update following our scare

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Thank you so much to everyone who reassured me following the baler twine/gate/headcollar/dumbcluck owner scare.

Zigs and I have been out twice since, once in company and once by himself. And he's fine! Doesn't mind his headcollar and is no more reluctant than usual to go into the shelter. I haven't tied him up at all, just groomed and tacked loose in the shelter with the gates shut, but will drape the rope around the gate tomorrow as he doesn't seem to be bothered.

So those of you who said that it was all in my mind were clearly right. Of course he is his usual little speed demon self when out hacking, so I'll go back to concentrating on that good ol' intermittent brake problem. Serves me right for cantering *sigh* *rolleyes*

(And if you're worrying, don't - he didn't run off with me more than 5 yards before I stopped him. Ha! I will survive!)

great to hear that you're feeling up beat again :) it's pretty normal to feel a bit crud after they've had a scare, but you did the right things and he's shown you that today.

Sorry - just catching up and seen this. There's never a dull moment with horses hey?

But it seems to me like you dealt with everything just fine. The person who is a real idiot is the person who proudly says he never makes a mistake. Learn from it and move on now.

It sounds like Ziggy has already!

newrider.com