Using inappropriate language while competing!!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I did a dressage competition with my riding club this evening (which I came second!!). However, at one part of the test (it was novice 38) I was late to canter a circle and for some reason I decided to shout out "Oh Bo!!acks" at the top of my voice! I later apologised to the judge who said that they didn't hear it, but I'm sure that they must have.

So, who else has had a slip of the tongue while competing? Surely I can't be the only one.

I used to shout sh****t many times when out jumping on my old pony Twig, he had a habit of flying at things at top speed!! :redface:

That made me laugh out loud!:bounce:

I frequently call Izzy a 'little b*gger' or 'b*stard' if he is being naughty, but to be honest in the few comps I have been in, I have been so nervous that I can barely remember doing it, never mind what I have said.

Congrats on your second place though!:dance:

my daughter's best riding friend was at a BSJA Premier Show - kid is 9 years old - and the pony over jumped a 1m jump and the child (who is soooo pretty and looks like butter wouldn't melt etc - and is a gorgeous kids to be fair) - shouted at the top of her voice "Oh S * * TTTTTT"

Her mother is still mortified :tongue: I'd have died a million deaths too to be fair!!!

Problem is the kid won her class and jumped clear the whole weekend so what can you say eh!!! They didn't know whether to hug her or chastise her - they chose to pretend to not have heard! Hard to not have heard mind, she screamed it out LOL!!!

I think swearing goes with the territory!! If you own a horse or pony then you have to swear at some point!! When I used to go out riding early in the morning before work quite often youo could hear me say to Della "Oh for f..ks sake" and then a jogger or dog walker would spring up from nowhere and I would just politely say "Good morning" smile and try to hide my embarrassement!

Been there! I've been known to say some not-so-nice things about a horse's mother in the middle of a class. To be fair, however, said nag had just decided that the rosette he'd seen a hundred times before now warranted a 360 degree spin with no warning at all. :stomp:

I try not to...but when the sticks come out so do the expletives unfortunately. I think because I am bordering on hysteria so I vent by turning the air blue :( The last SJ comp I did was in Ireland and the people I was with were prtty ladi back but I think I managed to offend even them :ninja:

From about 3 strides from each fence all you could hear was "you WILL f****** get OVER that s****** fence you f****** b******"

:redface::redcarded:

Yes i think we've all had a little slip of the tongue.

i have to remember that our sandschool is adjacent to people's back gardens and although their conversations have been interesting enough to stay at the far end of the school:bounce:, they don't really want my imput.

I rarely speak to be honest, but someone has given Tilley a nickname i am trying to forget though it slips off sometimes.

newrider.com