Vaccination side effects

laz

Oct 9, 2004
Central Scotland
Visit site
Has anyones horses ever had any side effects from the flu/tet jab? My shetland has got a swollen chest and has gone stiff in his front leg, the next day after his jag. He is getting a bit better each day though.

my cob had a reaction a few years ago. The whole side of his neck swelled up and was painful to touch/move. We spent a week applying hot and cold compresses and giving him a low dose of bute and he was fine. He's never reacted since.

My old loan mare got a big tender swelling around the vaccination site which took ages to go away. My current horse had a slight reaction, a gland under her jaw swelled up to about the size of a golf ball & was rock hard for about a month after her flu/tet, it wasn't tender though.

Never had any bad reactions to flu and tet but one of mine had a very bad reaction to the stranges jab a couple of years ago. She couldn't put he head down, I had to feed her from a table

Oh thank goodness I've seen this! DYlan had his jab 2 weeks ago and has had a hard swelling on his neck. I put it down to the vaccination but I was beginning to get a bit concernced that it was still there 2 weeks later!

I have heard of a person in my area who is trying to see if there was a connection to the vaccination jab they had and their pony coming down with lami soon after........ don't know the full ins and outs

I have heard of a person in my area who is trying to see if there was a connection to the vaccination jab they had and their pony coming down with lami soon after........ don't know the full ins and outs

There were 2 welsh cobs PTS this summer after contracting laminitis after their annual jabs. I know the chap is very keen to hear of other stories and is trying to get a case together. I'll look out my SWPCA newsletter tonight and get his details. I think he's based endinburgh/borders way.

Think he is EB - nook was a week after his annual jab and i asked my vet directly but he couldn't say yes or no for chinook.

Think the gentleman was at the carnwath show as when i was talking to the lady running it she mentioned him and mentioned chinook. I left my mobile number but never heard anything

newrider.com