Very cheeky question about Liverpool cream

Sexy Sietske

Aug 18, 2006
Derbyshire/nottinghamshire
If your horse had liverpool cream for sarcoids how much did it cost :p:p

My horse has just finished his treatment and the sarcoid has fallen off :D

So i am expecting a vet bill anytime soon so just to get an idea before the bill arrives how much I will be forking out, its for my own good!! Wouldn't want to be going into cardic arrest a few weeks before my exams :p:p

At our donkey sanctuary we use Liverpool Cream on any donkeys that get sarcoids here - to date 4 donkeys have had them, two of them had them twice in different places on their bodies!! A small pot of cream costs in excess of £120 + vat depending on which type of sarcoid they are treating and you have the cost of the vet coming out to apply the cream 4 or 5 times. Unless anyone has had it done differently?????

It cost me around £100 ex. VAT for the cream and then just short of £50 per vet visit for five visits so approx. £350 for one bout of treatment. As you can see, the expensive thing is the vet but unless you are one yourself, there is no way of getting around that.

Glad to hear your treatment was successful, though.

Last edited:
Oooo my mare has just started this treatment for her sarcoids! its gonna cos about £500:00 and she will have 4 treatments 48hours apart. I have to pay my vet my excess and the insurance will pay the rest

glad to hear it worked for your mare, hope its successful for mine

x

newrider.com