Very Opinionated people

tiamaria lady

Jul 2, 2010
I was in a situation the other day where I was in the company of a very opinionated person and no matter what horse she passed in the yard or who owned it ...they were doing something "wrong!" Has anyone got this type of person at their yard? It nearly drove me crazy when I was there listening to her rant on and then I thought back that every yard I was on had one of these people! Have you? :D a random question I know but how do you deal with them! Mine would be a hammer but said I'd get feedback first :D:D ( this is light hearted thread of course)! ;)

Unfortunately people like that are everywhere!
It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were all boarding on the same yard :D I bet you could make a tv drama from it.
Thankfully I'm not on a yard so I get to avoid anything like that.

Not at my yard at the moment but have been in the past. I ignore and try to have as little to do with them as possible. I also never say anything negative about anyone else, it just leads to trouble so I won't be involved, if people start being bitchy I make an excuse up like need to muck out to remove myself. Can't stand being around negative people!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Oh I have a friend like that. Everybody's way of keeping their horse is wrong, except hers. I keep Ziggy wrong because the field I rent is old cattle pasture, I ought to find a field which is more like moorland.

Reactions: newforest
There's always one worse than the rest, but I think if you stick a bunch of women together in one place, with their prize possession, it is bound to happen. I also think horse people are naturally opinionated to some extent, if you weren't most horses would walk all over you. I have lots of opinions, I try very hard to present them in a way that doesn't immediately put peoples hackles up (and often fail) and/or just keep them to myself unless asked for my opinion :p

Hahahaa yes both yards I was on there was a know-all!!! Sooooo glad my four legged friends are at home now. Don't know if I'd have been able to be pleasant and melodius long term:p:D
Lucky for me all my neighbours keep horses and we are all pretty laid back and of the same mind:D and everyone helps each other rather than critisises which is a refreshing change.

Reactions: Jessey
I have only been on yards fairly briefly and for a relatively short time - 2 of the 3 were absolutely lovely and would have been more than happy to have stayed there longer had I needed to. but 1 yard was a flippin nightmare, large yard, lots of very competitive riders, all amateurs, weekend competitors and the like and frankly half of them literally did have all the gear and no idea and strangely they were the most opinionated know it all clique on the yard and not only did they tear to pieces almost every other livery and their horses who didn't do much other than show or happy hack behind their back but also spent a lot of time arguing amongst themselves and falling in and out! I have a big gob myself and you probably won't believe I managed to keep my mouth shut but I did, with difficulty! probably because I knew I would only there for a few short weeks. :p

Oh I have a friend like that. Everybody's way of keeping their horse is wrong, except hers. I keep Ziggy wrong because the field I rent is old cattle pasture, I ought to find a field which is more like moorland.

Same here. I do have grazing rights for it but I would never find her!!
She would then be classed as neglected in some way because I don't check her, don't ride her, am scared of her etc etc.

newrider.com