Very sad

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
It looks like the house next door may be sold and the buyer may be someone who is extremely undesirable.

We had all this at the previous property where we left simply because we were fed up of intimidation, vandalism and feeling unsafe.

I really can't face it again.

Utterly gutted.

Oh dear, poor you. With a bit of luck they won't be as bad as you expect - and it sounds like you deserve that bit of luck.

We have had the misfortune of living in a maisonette above undesirable neighbours, so I understand the stress and upset that you must be feeling right now. I'm so sorry.

I feel for you, we've had experience of nasty neighbours too and it's not pleasant. Fingers crossed they don't turn out to be as bad as you fear. x

their reputation proceeds them. No real idea what is happening. There is a large bungalow next door, with a large green barn, yard, and a very small paddock. This week 4 campervans suddenly turned up and were parked there. We understand they are owned by a notorious local family, drug dealers, crooked business, very traveller type. The barn was put up illegally, i.e. for agricultural use, but never used for that, the usual dodge. they run a skip hire business, and other businesses and we are concerned they are going to use this barn - which is very big, you would fit a decent indoor school in it - for commercial use. Our fields run along side it. So it is very in your face. Also access to it is through a private road so if they start bringing in loads of stuff they will wreck the road which they and 3 others have to pay for. Our other neighbours who have horses have more of an issue, as their access to the field is via this bungalow and yard. Orginally the house we are in owned all the land and the outbuildings. The outbuildings were developed into 4 houses, he sold 3 plots of new builds, and built himself a bungalow and kept the yard and put up the huge barn when he was refused planning to put up another bungalow. The people who we bought from moved because of this as he put the barn up to be as intrusive as possible.

He may have to raise money to pay off his ex wife and also he has a court case where he is being sued. the house or yard isn't being advertised for sale as far as I can find out.

I have decided to plant 100 trees along the edge of the field next to the yard, to block it from view. I have 250 beech hedging going in along the far edge of our paddock nearer our house so that will provide screening all the way along his bungalow and the yard. if necessary will continue up the hill to screen his small paddock if that is affected.

Get the feeling that if the people concerned buy it, it will be kept like a tip. So all I can do is put in screening, which also blocks their views of the valley.

newrider.com