Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Vibes please for the poor boy

Discussion in 'Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies' started by Trewsers, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

No, but I will do - it is good to see progress. Because just earlier OH reckoned it looked less swollen, but I wasn't so sure. He looks happier now, I've dug his thick stable rug out, lol it's cold for up here, we're not used to snow and minus temps!

2. Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Ziggy Learning together!

Hope he has a comfy cuddly night.

lauren123, Trewsers and orbvalley like this.
  3. Trewsers

Pleased to say he looks much more like himself this morning. The swelling has lessened and he looked most perky. He's got a net hung up on one of the tracks as I don't want him rolling in the field - and vet did say two days in. So pleased he's looking less like poor horse:) (though he did wear his thick purple stable rug last night and I did give him extra hugs:oops:)

Tir, Lissie, orbvalley and 2 others like this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

Its sounds like a really wild storm. I wouldn't beat yourself up about what ifs, Phoenix cut his eyelid open that night in his newish (and nothing to possibly catch himself on) stable on a night with no storm :rolleyes: we can only think he had clonked it hard enough on the door frame to split it like a boxers eye :( what will happen, will happen.

Trewsers likes this.
  6. Kite_Rider

Kite_Rider Cantering cabbage!

Glad he seems a bit better today, must have been all the extra cuddles he got last night :)

Trewsers likes this.
  7. chunky monkey

chunky monkey Well-Known Member

Poor Zi. Glad the eye is ok though. I now have visions with the next thunder and lightning storm you'll be going and standing in the shed to keep Zi company. Sending lots of healing vibes.
    What is it with animals and eyes at the moment. My poor sheep looks to have gone blind in her eye. I've been treating for a month, and the swelling and redness went but it's gone completely cloudy now. Initially she reacted to light so I thought we were winning but now I think she's blind . It doesn't seem to bother her and it's not weeping or anything so we are going to stop treatment now.
    Yesterday one of my cows had a weepy eye. We haven't got close enough to properly examine. The vet is due out for TB Testing and castrations today but they been delayed for an hour. We will get her in the crush soon for a proper look. Hope this isn't going to turn bad as well.

8. Trewsers

Aw poor sheep. But as you say, if it doesn't bother her then yes no point keep treating. Hope your cow is okay too. (And yeah, I'll probably end up with them in the byre during the next storm:oops::))

9. HaloHoney

HaloHoney Well-Known Member

Oh poor Zi! And yes, better free outside than inside- Bonfire night this year Flash was on box rest. Couldn’t see any other horses, panicked and cut his eye. :(

£132.13 extra in vets bills.

10. Trewsers

Aw poor lad:(

11. Lissie

Lissie Well-Known Member

12. Trewsers

The swelling has more or less gone thanks. He's very perky and I'm pleased to say doesn't look quite so sad. It's awful when they do stuff on their faces, they just look so sorry for themselves.

Tir, joellie, Kite_Rider and 4 others like this.
  13. Lissie

Lissie Well-Known Member

So pleased to hear swelling has nearly gone and he's getting back to normal!

orbvalley and Trewsers like this.
  14. mystiquemalaika

mystiquemalaika Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Zi Trews, but glad to read he is on the mend :)

Trewsers likes this.
  15. horseandgoatmom

horseandgoatmom Well-Known Member

Lots of vibes he is better soon

Trewsers likes this.
The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties