Virus Isolation and animals

That's my position (no one else to do them really) I've no idea if it could still be spread by doing as you suggest, I think that's the big worry with it as no one really understands how it is spread currently. There was a study reported recently (in the last 24 hours) that it can live in the air for 2-3 hours, on cardboard for 24 hours and on stainless steel and plastic for 2-3 days. I guess potentially if you are infected it could be on anything coming out of your house on you including your ppe, touching door handles, gate handles, taps and goodness knows what else, even if you avoid touching shared things. Could it then areosolise from those things? I'd guess low chance, but who knows! It's unlikely though, right?
Well I don't really know what else I could do, but I would do everything I can to minimise the risk. We don't have to open or touch any gates to get into the yard. I could even ask someone to move some hay out the field and put somewhere. I could then drive round a back way and sneak over the fence there. But that would involve touching the fence. I think it's equine influenza that can travel something like 5 miles in optimum conditions. So it would be a huge worry but I think some people are going to have to leave their houses regardless so hopefully would be able to get some advice regarding it.

I mean my uni are currently saying they wouldn't even shut if they had a confirmed case as based on government advice there is no need, they would simply isolate the individual and then clean some areas they had been in close contact with

For me it's seven days isolation because I haven't come back from any other countries.
In those seven days I won't be leaving the house, not even to check her.
They all live out 24/7, we have enough hay until they need to move paddocks, auto water drinkers, between us we look out for each others horse.
We wouldn't all be sick the same week. That would just be a total ****!

If I really had to I would get an uninfected local to fly a drone over the fields to check them remotely.

Our yard has just stated my services are now available to protect the yard staff.

I don’t use them and the yard is diy with services.

One lady has self isolated as she has a cough I am turning her horse out in the morning for her now.

The other lady due to go to France is now not returning at all. I will look after her two until the my go on the transport on Thursday.

If any one else self isolates I can’t help them. I work full time and have my two that still need attention and exercising

Our yard has just stated my services are now available to protect the yard staff.

I don’t use them and the yard is diy with services.

One lady has self isolated as she has a cough I am turning her horse out in the morning for her now.

The other lady due to go to France is now not returning at all. I will look after her two until the my go on the transport on Thursday.

If any one else self isolates I can’t help them. I work full time and have my two that still need attention and exercising
Anything can happen between now and Thursday, will they allow her to move to France?

I have the horses at home thank goodness, but I still have to go to work every day as does OH.

newrider.com