Vit & mineral licks

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
What is the best vitamin and mineral field licks? I don't want one that is full of sugar and i need it to be suitable for a lami prone pony.

Why with copper Wally?

Because where we are we are so deficient in copper it's necessary. When I say with copper, I just mean get the cattle ones as the sheep ones have no copper in them at all.

Don't feed sheep and cattle tub licks, with molasses and the like, they have too much urea in them for horses to cope with.

Just the pink salt and mineral licks are fine.

I agree I only use the molasses one for things like bandaging hind feet lol or something to distract them with if need be.

I just have pure salt lick in stables.

I have tried lots of salt licks over the years with Joe when he was alive and Storm, but neither really liked them and even Joe ignored his? Must not need any salt..............The only one they both went "mad" for was a field lick in a big tub, I cannot for the life of me remember the name, it was expensive and I only really bought it when Joe was restricted to a tiny paddock as I thought he might be missing out on something in his diet. They used to argue over it and race to get to it first thing, Storm trying hard to get her head under the fence at it.............Guessing it had something sweet in it...............

newrider.com