Vitamin licks

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Can anyone recommend me a good all round vitamin lick?

I had been looking at hosylyx but nearly fell off chair at 33% sugar... which in a daily intake would equate to 1/4 of her current daily sugar intake :eek:

Want a broad spectrum - one for each of them. Omega oils a benefit for her skin. Can't have garlic in.

I remember looking into this a while back and being unconvinced that a lick was the way to go. They need to lick loads to get anywhere close to the recommended dose. I just go with a broad spectrum supplement.

Did you decide which supp in the end Jc?

Its equally, if not more for him - he has started licking the stable walls which are stone but painted... LOL. He also licks wooden door.

Last edited:
They both get pink powder and the little man gets something I can't remember the name of for his arthritis. I'm on my phone so can't easily do a search of my threads but I started one in the vets section asking about it if you fancy searching for it. The stuff is amazing as he soon improved.

Yeah I remember that - just curious if you had decided to switch to 365 or anything in the end. I should really sit and look at the daily reqs - and the codlivine actually has more stuff in some cases than the 365 - but its no use of the levels are toxic as equally as if they are insufficient!!!!!! I just can't be bothered to trawl the options - Im thinking I might just phone the shop, see what they have and compare those.

Global herbs do an "all in" lick which is hits and mins with flax (linseed) oil as the binder - just concerned she won't eat it. It supports skin and stuff more than standard powder they do (which she wouldn't eat).

Am struggling to get her to eat her bucket feed at the moment hence also looking at licks. Pain in the bum pony - people think were mad - originally a bald pony who can have no grass on one side of corridor and opposite a dog that makes a pig squeal noise when he hears me and licks walls and explodes randomly causing chaos.

No I didn't swap, mostly because I forgot and automatically buy the Pink Powder but also cause I'm happy with it.

I used to have issues with Joy not wanting a bucket feed when there was grass which is why, at first, I swapped to the Bailey's Lo Cal. Then I swapped back to the Pink Powder again but changed chaff from Hi Fi Lite to Good Doer. They LOVE that despite it being lower digestible energy ( although higher in sugars) than the Hi Fi Lite. I did try swapping to Fast Fibre thinking that would be delicious but lower in sugar than the Good Doer but had to give the sack away. Thinking about it, the Good Doer is less sugar than grass anyway so I'm happy to stick with what they are getting as long as they are.

The issue with the speedi beet is chef incompetencies. She won't eat it if it is watery. But I worry about colic and just don't seem to be able to get it right!!!!

They aren't on any supp at the moment apart from her mare supp and skin stuff. Both look good with good feet - infect she looks the best she has since I've known her. The vet who did her passport saw her last night and dodnt know it was same pony!! Just this wall licking on his part... Keep thinking he is just collecting stray dinner as he gets food everywhere!

I was thinking about a mineral & vit lick in the field for my too, mainly because i've noticed Sully licking his stable door and pawing the ground etc.

The Daitom (SP?) Earth has all the minerals so are fine with that, it's just the vits. I have ran out of pink powder but certainly notice the difference without it.

newrider.com