Wahayyyy Tara passed vetting... coming home tomorrow

horseygirl123

Feb 10, 2007
essex/suffolk border
Had tara vetting this morning and she passed no problem, the vet was very taken with her and said she had a fantastic tempermant :)

She does over-reach and is very very slightly sickle hocked but its nothing major and he said it wont affect her in any way

She was a little gem and just stood there while he did all the tests.

I am sooooo excited, I cant wait to get her home :D

She's being delivered to the yard tomorrow at about 5, I will let her have a run around in the school, introduce her to her new stable and give her the biggest hug and kiss she has ever had, then will take her to her field to meet her new friends ( I just hope they are nice to her ;) )
If all goes well she will stay out tomorrow night and I will go back at the crack of dawn saturday morning to take her for a little walk (in hand) around the lanes and show her around.
Essexgirl is planning to come over on sunday and ride her in the school and give her lots of fuss :)

The vet said to take her off all her hard feed, but I have bought her some 'baileys economy cubes' just as a treat after she has worked (small handful) do you think that will be ok?

I've got a saddler coming thursday to check her saddle over (I hope its ok, as its a really nice ideal gp saddle :p )

I've filled my boot with all the necessities and was surprised just how much stuff costs (£22 for a fork :eek: )
I know I could have gone to b&q or somewhere like that and got it cheaper, but I havent got time to be searching the shops for bargains! )

I feel like shouting at the top of the roof tops, I am so happy :D

Oh and before I forget to ask .........

She's got a bit of sunburn on her nose and I was wondering if it is ok to use a childrens suncream on her or do I have to buy a special horsey one ?

WOOOHOOOO:D :D :D congratulations! I bet you won't sleep much tonight:D

I havent slept much since tuesday when i went to see her and put down a deposit :eek:

a few more restless nights ahead I think (worrying about tomorrow, then worrying tomorrow night she settles ok, and the next night and the next hehe!!! )

This is a lifelong dream come true for me, I have wanted my own pony since I can remember but never ever thought it would happen

A very very happy horseygirl :D

I love her already, I am also called Tara:D Need to see what my namesake looks like, piccies please!! Congratulations on your new horsie:)

She's 15.1hh 7yrs old (altho her passport says 6 :rolleyes: ) chestnut mare Irish cob.
She's was born in ireland and was shipped over here when she was 3 by a dealer. Previous owner bought her from the dealer (reputable dealer ;) ) and backed her herself.
She's been lightly schooled, done sponsered rides, in-hand showing, lots of hacking and has just started jumping which she is loving.
she's got the most loving and kind nature, loves a fuss and even gave me a kiss today :)
She's a bit lazy in the school but soon livens up when out hacking (dont they all!)
She loves her food, and will eat for england (she will be on a diet when she comes to live with me!)
She'll be kept at a lovely friendly yard, living out, there's an inside school there, fantastic offroad hacking and some really nice liveries.
Essexgirl who is going to share her, will be doing schooling with her, and when she gets her confidence up (essexgirl that is) she will take her hacking. Wont you Essexgirl :D

She'll be used for hacking, sponsered rides, long distance rides, and maybe in the future a little XC and hunting.

And here she is, my lovely TARA :)

480391768_cf5b851e7d_b.jpg

480423588_c74c0ca6ed_b.jpg

480391750_c57000faf4_b.jpg

I plan to grow her mane which apparently shouldnt take too long as she was only hogged 2 weeks ago and has grown considerably already.

Will take loads more pics tomorrow for you all

Any advice on that feed I bought anyone ;)

I cant begin to tell you how happy I am for you having read all your posts about your search. And how lovely that she is coming home for the weekend all that time to get to know her. As I said this morning she is absolutely beautiful and Im looking forward to lots of update on how your all getting on. I cant imagine your going to get much sleep until Sunday but what the heck - youve got a horse.

She looks a very good doer.....But why dont you ask the current owners to see if she what hard feed she is on at present....:) It will give you a better idea of your outgoings for her future with you...

A balancer will always be a good idea to make sure you get the essential vits and minerals into her throughout the year.

Thanks everyone :D

ITs nice to have so many people to tell, I've talked to a few friends and they have said 'oh right, nice' :rolleyes:
Just no enthusiasm at all !!!

She looks a very good doer.....But why dont you ask the current owners to see if she what hard feed she is on at present....:) It will give you a better idea of your outgoings for her future with you...

A balancer will always be a good idea to make sure you get the essential vits and minerals into her throughout the year.

At the moment she lives out, she has hay twice a day then 1 feed of honeychop with garlic and pony/horse nuts (only a small handful)

Altho she doesnt look obese the vet did tell me today she needs to lose weight (she has 2" of fat on her ribs :eek: )

Ohhhhh, all this shopping for new stuff is great fun, well, thats until they tell you how much it is when you get to the till :rolleyes:

So pleased for you, I hope she loves her new home. Best wishes for a long & happy life with your lovely new horse!

newrider.com