Walk and trot show

Ellix

Aug 9, 2019
I don’t know if anyone will read this but for the traditional starter walk and trot show, do I just walk up to the judge, chat to her, walk past her and trot back then do a figure of eight then walk back to the judge and then salute? Just chose king because I am doing the new combanition and that what u do :)

I would be very surprised if you chat to the judge. Is there any way you can watch a class or two and see what they do? I don't do showing so I don't know exactly what is wanted, but I would guess at this level they're looking for something pretty basic so yes, walk past and then trot a figure of eight in front of her before returning to your place in the line. Practice a few variations, maybe one with a halt in it, and if you can manage to not be in the first couple to do your show then you can see what others are doing and adjust yours accordingly.

Long time since I did any showing, but I think the judge will talk to you if she wants, rather than you approaching her/him.

You all walk around the edge of the ring together . She will call you all in to the centre to form a line.

She will point to you when ready, you walk out to her and halt the horse she will walk round you and look at confirmation etc she might as you age and breed,

She will ask you to do your show

Walk out away from the judge walk pick up trot and trot a nice large figure of eight come back to walk and halt in front of the judge

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com