War horse - the real story

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Is on More4 @ 9.00. Ive seen this before is really interesting, it is more of a documentry about real life horses and stories in the war. Well worth a watch:angel:

Would love to watch this but daren't as I might flood the house with tears.. Husband brought me the book and DVD for my birthday and Ive not had the balls to read or watch either:/!!
I know, massive pansie:/!!

ha yes know what you mean.

I have the book, but i didnt read it as knew would be too upsetting,

dont think this is too bad though ha, you want to watch it, it;s quite interesting.

went to the somme when son was doing his Higher grade history. Every museum out there had a section dedicated to the animals that served and lost their lives. I don't knwo which was more traumatic.

I read an article on the war horses especially those in the campaign in Turkey during world war 1 and how the troopers became so attached to their horses they decided to shoot them rather than leave them to the cruelty of the Turks it was heart wrenching stuff, i wouldnt recommend reading if you are of kind hearted nature.

went to the somme when son was doing his Higher grade history. Every museum out there had a section dedicated to the animals that served and lost their lives. I don't knwo which was more traumatic.

Thats one place I so want to visit.

PH - that must of been gut wrencing for the troops to do that. Probabley for the best but I expect it didnt lessen the blow much.

newrider.com