WARNING NOT HOAX, Please read

It's now been concluded that the pony in Wales died of natural causes and was "mutilated" by an animal post mortem...

Oh no, no, no... I cannot believe I'm reading the same kind of story for the third time.
What kind of low life degenerate scum would do this?? It makes me so sad and angry.

I am not a violent person, nor am I a fighter, but I swear, if I ever, ever saw anyone harming any animal I would absolutely go hell to leather on them.

I caught two young lads (14-16ish) trying to feed a neighbours rabbits bits of food with nails, metal and plastic shavings squished in with it. I don't think they have ever looked so terrified in their lives, nor did they move so fast when I chased them to their parents house to explain. The parents didn't seem interested and I reported it to the police who warned them but did nothing else -- and then they wonder why people take the law into their own hands where their animals are concerned...

Absolutely disgusting, and a tear in my eye once again :(:(:(:(

It's now been concluded that the pony in Wales died of natural causes and was "mutilated" by an animal post mortem...

They did a post mortem in the field and didn't leave a note for the owner? That's bit sick in itself.

They did a post mortem in the field and didn't leave a note for the owner? That's bit sick in itself.

Erm what? No, post mortem means "after death" - in this case they believe the pony died of natural causes, and after he had died ("post mortem") the mutilation was a result of animals exploiting the carcass.

That makes more sense joosie. I read your firat post in the way I think New forest will have. I missed out the word 'animal' completely...

To die quick that young it sounds like colic, they'd find that out with their tests, ponies don't die naturally at 7. They die young when they have health problem.

Yeah it's sad isn't it - well sad at any age but it seems especially unfair with the young ones :( Could have been colic, or heart attack/failure, or a brain haemorrhage maybe? Stroke even, my friend's pony died from a stroke aged 9 so it is definitely possible.

ETA My understanding of the phrase "death from natural causes" includes health problems, it's not just about dying of old age.

Last edited:
I hate to be brutal but they are soft and easy to eat. Sorry for any youngsters or to those of a sensitive disposition.

Mossy is right. With any animal carcass being exploited by scavengers, the eyes are often the first thing to go. It's also been known for badgers clawing at the belly of a carcass to leave marks resembling knife slashes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-16508657

What about the one in 2006, is that going to be natural as well. They had similiar looking injuries.

Maybe, maybe not... and I don't know how we can know for sure either way. Every now and again a case crops up with a horse being maimed or killed with very nasty injuries, but I'm not sure how we as the general public can know what REALLY happened without being given sufficient details - we only know what the media reports tell us, and unfortunately I think that in these situations reporting tends to jump to a conclusion and then provide the public with the information that supports this. It is certainly more "newsworthy" to report a pony being fatally mutilated by a human, than to report a horse dying of a heart attack and then having its eyes eaten by a crow... Now, I understand why horse-lovers get so angry and upset about these cases - but if a dead sheep had been found with the same injuries as this pony, and someone said it was killed and mutilated by a fox, we probably wouldn't question it... I guess because horses are so important to us, and the idea of people harming them like this hurts us so much, it becomes a more emotive subject.

Ok I might be missing something but where does it mention a similar attack in Devon??

I knew about the wales and Cornwall incident (although I have not heard that the Wales one was caused by animals??),but have not heard about any other incidents in Devon??

Horse attacks are sadly nothing new,but I find them equally as horrifying every time I hear about them.

Apparently the one in Devon is natural causes as well, so did not make the news.

The one in Wales to have no eyes and be opened up, animals ate it after death?

Wild animals will usually move in very quickly after death - and the ensuing blood bath and unpleasant gore would lead one to think that some sort of orgy of killing had been carried out. And sadly some people like to jump on the bandwagon of hysteria and swear blind that any horse or pony that dies a natural death and is subsequently mutilated ' post mortem' by wild life MUST be the work of perverts or Satanists.

The real huge downside of this 'tabloid' reporting is that the real cases of perversion and wilful cruelty get lost in the tide of half truths and hinder any real chance of finding and prosecuting any genuine perpetrators of this abhorrent cruelty.

Many, many years ago in Hertfordshire - I had a beautiful young ArabX filly attacked in her field by someone wielding a machette type instrument - they managed to sever the tendons on both front legs. We managed to nurse her back to some sort of health, but obviously she was never more than field sound. When this was reported locally the police were inundated with wildly inaccurate and plainly attention seeking false claims by people - all it did was cloud the investigation and put an end to any real hope of finding the b******s that tortured my sweet natured and trusting little filly.

I think what Im trying to say (in my usual rambling way:redcarded:) is please dont repeat anything publicly unless you know it for absolute FACT - it could do more harm than good in this sort of case.

Thanks to facebook rumours are flying round quicker than the speed of sound.

Police still looking for person or people re cornwall .

Last edited:
newrider.com