Warning: Severe rant..........

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, bloody Rumplestiltskin's been at it again........
Took the Stormy one for a hack this morning and had a bit of a pootle further into our land that I haven't been on for ages. Well, I know it is probably going to sound petty to people, but he's only gone and leaned over his fence and sprayed all the thistles that she likes to eat!!!! Am rather cross to say the least, I mean, yes, they are weeds, but they are on MY LAND not his! They were just in the rosette stages - but all the grass around them is burnt too. So so annoyed. I know it probably wouldn't bother a lot of folk, but it is the principal. I wouldn't dream of spraying anything on somebody elses land - I feel like reaching over and spraying his dam young trees with something nasty! (But of course I won't!!!!). Just makes me angry, he simply will not stay within his own boundaries.
Tonight I am making a nice "weed display" in some tub trugs I have. Funnily enough OH has been pulling tons of them up out of the front garden - they're just looking for a new home, so he can jolly well look at those and hopefully the seeds will blow into his field! (He mows his field - treats it like a garden!).
Arggggghhhhhhh. Trying to breathe.......................................

Can;t you put a high fence up or something to stop him?
Some people really have no respect! MY mum grows weeds becasue the tortoises eat them, she would be furious if someone did this.

Trews.. what a tool :frown:. I am sorry to say i would have got my revenge a long time ago. Prob very immature & silly of me but would certainly make me feel better.

Plant some dandelion seeds in his field, they are a bugger to get rid of

Horrid man! How dare he? He's not spraying where the horses are likely to graze is he? That would require a serious talking to/letter.

What's wrong with thistles anyway? I love them - have a couple of quite large ones in the garden and will be leaving them there, intentionally.

I would be furious! Imagine you had let Storm eat them without knowing they had been sprayed?! No, not on, it could have made her very ill. I would be contacting my lawyer.

I am still seething! What annoys me, is we live in an area of outstanding natural beauty - emphasis on "natural" - can't see why he hates them so much as they attract numerous butterflies each year. They are good for the environment me thinks! I like the look of them. It was a good job I spotted the brownness of the surrounding grass, madam is allowed little nibbles out hacking (if she's being a good girl!)

I would be furious! Imagine you had let Storm eat them without knowing they had been sprayed?! No, not on, it could have made her very ill.

I would be either paying him a visit or writing him a strongly worded letter pointing out the above. And reminding him that it is trespass against your property.

I would be either paying him a visit or writing him a strongly worded letter pointing out the above. And reminding him that it is trespass against your property.

Yeah, I know I should say something - in writing (we've had so much trouble with him over the years we don't speak!). Trouble is, in the past, he has cost us thousands of pounds in solicitors fees - he enjoys it! And, he is one of those people that shouts and bawls - he simply will not listen, there is no reasoning with him. Last time he shouted and bawled at us for about half an hour, the other neighbour witnessed it and was amazed at his rudeness (and a bit scared I think). I just wish he would leave us alone!

Definitely calls for a solicitors letter,as has been said weedkiller could well cause your horse serious damage. What a stinker he is whatever will the unpleasant man thing of next.

Trouble is, the solicitors cost money, and he knows this. Couple of years ago, he did a lot wrong and we had to have the solicitors involved. Next news, he was making phone calls to them and cost us yet more money, by spinning the whole affair out, and then finally doing what he was told...........he really knows how to work the system believe me!!!! He isn't afraid of anything or anybody. Apart from the police! We once had to have them down because he damaged OH's new car - it was awful.

I have in mind my revenge planned though. I know he hates colourful tubs. Well, so happens I have a few lying about the place that already have a mix of weeds and stones in (OH's been rennovating the driveway!!!). Ha. He can look at those. And, hopefully the darn seeds will blow into his precious field.

To give you an indication of how silly he is, he's already ranted at our farmer because a sheep gets into his field - big deal! What he expects the farmer to do I really don't know..........(as you know, sheep can climb!) Sheepie clambers up over the dry stone wall - heheheehe, clever sheep! He is afraid it will eat all his trees...............

depending on what he used, he could have poisoned your horses so it isn't trivial.....I would report him to the SSPCA and BHS local rep and get them to write to him, and also call the police as he is not allowed to spray your land and they need to talk to him. I know it sounds melodramatic but it is the cumulative effect of all this hassle.

thats right, he has poisoned your land, it could have dire consequences. What an @rse.

You are very restrained, I would be tempted to write a rude word on his lawn in weed killer , but you are right not to rise to the bait. Have a 'mature and reasonable behaviour award'

I would be furious! Imagine you had let Storm eat them without knowing they had been sprayed?! No, not on, it could have made her very ill. I would be contacting my lawyer.

This.

Could Citizen's Advice give you free legal advice & maybe send a solicitor's letter?

Last edited:
Oh lord trewsers, don't know how much land you have or how you manage it but this would make me mad too. No one, not know one, treads on my territory lol......and I only rent :)giggle:) 7 acres. I am so territorial. I am sweet as nut with anyone 'if they ask' and have reason, but really dandelions and thistles? I think someones advice on here to chuck seeds all over his land was so funny (not that I could do it personally:unsure: ) but would hopefully keep him to busy to intrude on yours:giggle: Ya can see why wars break out lol:giggle:

Thanks for all the replies - Mr T and I have been busy plotting.... I will keep you posted! We are not going to let it drop - but from past experiences with him a cool head is essential.

newrider.com