Was anyone at Tannoch in 2005?

chubbles

Mar 17, 2009
Scotland
Hi, I'm a newbie here :eek: Just wondering if anyone who was at Tannoch in/around March-May 2005 remembers a 13.2hh piebald gelding called 'Tonto'. He was supposed to be 6years old and I think he was for the riding school for the 2 months she had him. I remember he used to live out at night with a strawberry roan cob type. I bought him in May 2005, so just wondering if anyone remembers him :p He's doing really well, great little pony!

Thanks x

Will upload some photos soon!

I didn't start riding there until 2006 but Morganna on here has liveried there for a while and may remember him and I also know a few people who used to keep their horses there.:)

Did you keep him at livery there at all, before moving to where you are now? We were up there from April 2006 - April 2007, and I remember there being a chunky piebald around 14hhish in the same field we were in, lots of lovely thick mane and tail :) If that was him, he's very cute!

Did you keep him at livery there at all, before moving to where you are now? We were up there from April 2006 - April 2007, and I remember there being a chunky piebald around 14hhish in the same field we were in, lots of lovely thick mane and tail :) If that was him, he's very cute!

how stupid am i!!!:eek:

i just realised for SP's far more intelligent thread that you also own a pony called tonto not that you were looking for him to see how he's doing - doh!!

hehehe! :D No, I went up to view him and basically took him home the next day. I'm not sure he would have been chunky, as he was 3years old with no muscle or much fat! I'll post a photo in my album of when I got him :eek:. It was May 17th I viewed him and he came to mine on May 18th lol. Dawn said she had him for 2 months and he was in the riding school doing some lessons. Also he wouldn't let anyone pick up his back hooves so that might trigger some memories!

p.s - I re-named him Chubbles , Tonto was too horse like for him, and Chubbles kind of suited his cheekyness!!

I'm sure I remember this wee horse. I am still at Tannoch and will mention to Dawn on Monday about him when I got for my lesson - I am sure she will be delighted to hear that he is doing so well and that you still have him :D

I was about tannoch at that time if i remember right tonto came in with minsteral (16hh bay mare) robbie (this may have been the s.roan as he was fairly roany bay) and another bay pony gelding - can't remember the name but remeber taking him round the xc course when dawn first got it. Think Jane/Natasha or myself rode him when he first come in.

i was about tannoch at that time if i remember right tonto came in with minsteral (16hh bay mare) robbie (this may have been the s.roan as he was fairly roany bay) and another bay pony gelding - can't remember the name but remeber taking him round the xc course when dawn first got it. Think jane/natasha or myself rode him when he first come in.

hiya vickster:D

Last edited:
hi -there :( feel like i'm a stranger apart from picking up posts on forums - stuck at work and been no where near horses/yard since was last at the yard, bogged down in work. - Tonto in question i remember used to lead out hacks on him up at palacerigg ;) was a fun wee pony and had a nice pop in him to.

Yes, I havent seen you in ages. I was talking about you today too while I was hacking my boy out at the park, telling my mate about the riding instructor who taught me to to jump again:D It's all good. How is your other half, you must come up and meet Arion, I have had him almost 2 years now which means its been about 2 and a half since I saw you:(

SORRY TO OP FOR THE POST CRASH !!!!

omg 2 years?! it really doesn't feel like that long. Definately will try and get up . At the end of April the shifts are changing in work to a 9 day fortnight rota. so in theory should get more time off, and it looks like they will be doing away with the overtime :(

- Just chilling out atm - got close to tracing my old horse just before christmas last year. and it was a roller coaster unfortunatly it ran dry with the 4th set of owners since She was sold - who were unable to provide any details of where/who sold to. strongly suspect was put into market /false details given.

newrider.com