Was going to do dressage on Sunday

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
After all Mac's problems over the last 2 years he is at last back to fitness and working really nicely so I thought I could venture out to a show. There was going to be one this weekend but it had to be cancelled as they only had 6 entries. Such a shame as it would have been ideal for Mac to make his comeback, the yard it is at is just a 15 minute hack along the road from our yard and is run by people I have known for years. RI and I have been working hard to get rid of the bad habits I've acquired and I bought new boots especially but there will be other shows we can go to so all the time and effort won't be wasted. Trying to get rid of bad habits and improving my riding is never a waste.

Oh, I am sorry, and know just how you feel

We were due to go to a show tomorrow (our second show and foray into jumping) but had a swelling to the front of the hock this morning which prevented hacking out, and swelling although not bigger is not reduced, so no show tomorrow!!

There will be more - at least he is fit and ready to go now.

I'm sorry your horse has an injury, I hope he soon recovers. You can't be too careful with hocks, a lot of Mac's problem was due to his hocks.

newrider.com