Washing horses.....

I wash my horse after every work out to cool her down (**in the summer any ways**) I used to keep her at a barn where a lot of people only brushed their horses, my horse got bathed(*without soap) and looked A LOT cleaner then most of the other horses at the barn!

Bebe got her first bath of the year last weekend and I have to admit she looked fab afterwards. It was so warm that most of the horses got a bath and the little 11.2hh pony was coal black and shiny until he was turned out and promptly rolled in the dustiest part of the field. Admittedly he did go a nice silver grey colour but his rider was a bit upset :)

I do rinse Bebe off after long rides when she's really sweaty but I don't use shampoo, just spone barely warm water with fly spray added to it over her.

Washing Horses

I just love (;)) when you rinse off a horse after a hot ride, take out all the dust on him, turn him out, and he goes to the dirtiest place he can find and rolls!! :mad: :rolleyes: At least he's healthy!

Maci :)

My barn bathes it's horses a lot, usually once a month. Some of the boarders even stick a sheet on their horses for a few days after ... even when it's scorching hot. I bathed Beauty once when she first came here (May) and once today. I do wash her legs more often though, since she's a black & white pinto and gets very stained :rolleyes:

newrider.com