"wasted" storage space ?

Stormin

Jun 28, 2007
Export - GMT+1
To all of you who have trailers and/or lorries :
Do you use them as an additional storage space (for feeds, bedding, hay, etc ...) or do you keep them religiously clean and "ready-to-go" in the case of an emergency ?

Mine has had haylage in it over the winter as I took down my stables, but it was used to store junk for a few months before that, most of the time it is kept clear though.
I have a 3.5 ton van we are converting to a hrosebox and that has spent most of its time being used for storage:rolleyes:

I let a livery to store a massive bale of straw in it last winter but this year I am able to indulge my slight OCD and have it just the way I like it!

Clean, clean, clean!! :D:D

we use ours on average 3 times a week but even so, we store stuff in the side we don't use - so if we have to lock and go suddenly, the trailer is usable - if not ideal

We keep things like the show rain sheet, his travel rugs, a haynet made up, change of clothes for littly (ie a pair of joddies, boots, jumper, gloves and her spare hat), etc etc

We just move the stuff to the stable when we use the trailer and put it back when we get home - pita but not the end of the world

we have 2 trailers and the other one is a permanent storage facility - it has her jump blocks in, spare rugs, feed, etc etc Its worth £2 a week to have our own storage up at the yard :eek:

I keep the quad and trailer in one, but it's a 30 second job to empty it when needed, the other one is always empty, ready to go.

newrider.com