Watermelon

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
There was some sliced watermelon reduced in Tesco this morning so I picked it up for the ponies :)
Jess took one bite, spat it at me and glared, Hank had a nibble and wasn't entirely convinced but Dan took bite after bite and chased me when I went back to offer more to the others, I guess I know what to use next time I can't catch the little toe rag :D
Dan is the most reserved of my 3 but definitely the bravest with new foods, it was the same with bananas :)

I think I will have to try pumpkin again this year, Jess and Hanks reactions were as with watermelon and bananas, but maybe Dan will like it and show the other 2 it's ok :)

Reactions: Trewsers
It actually took me ages to get Jess to eat apples/mints/treats as a baby, she readily accepted carrots so I assumed that was all the breeder had ever given her.

I think I will have to try pumpkin again this year, Jess and Hanks reactions were as with watermelon and bananas, but maybe Dan will like it and show the other 2 it's ok :)

I might try ours with pumpkin this year, as I was thinking of making a display out of some smaller ones - and when they're over.............they'll need eating - or something doing with them. Did you boil and mash it for your gang or feed just as it is?

I might try ours with pumpkin this year, as I was thinking of making a display out of some smaller ones - and when they're over.............they'll need eating - or something doing with them. Did you boil and mash it for your gang or feed just as it is?
I just plonked it out, then relented and chopped it up a bit when they couldn't get themselves into it, I think you can boil it a bit too to soften it

Reactions: Trewsers
I just plonked it out, then relented and chopped it up a bit when they couldn't get themselves into it, I think you can boil it a bit too to soften it

I have now a vague recollection of trying ours with it, it might have been before Zi arrived so I'll try again this year :)

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com