We did it!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Our first official dressage comp.... Intro B. I was more nervous than if I was going jumping and Gracie took full advantage of not wearing her martingale to hollow and poke her nose in the air for most of it. BUT, we now have our baseline score (53% third place (also last! Haha) so I have something to practise for and beat now. G behaved impeccably (apart from her nose!) And it turns out I smiled a lot through the test.

We shall do it again!!

untitled-64-800x533.jpg

untitled-54-800x533.jpg

She totally nailed the square halt.... and FINALLY dropped her head... lol

untitled-84-600x900.jpg

untitled-78-600x900.jpg

Woah, don't you both look smart! Bless Grace, just getting the hang of it at the end lol. I think you did fab, much better than I would have done.

Is your helmet an HS1? I like the way your silk sits on it, I have an HS1 and HS1 silks but they don't stretch over flat and look as neat as yours.

Woah, don't you both look smart!

Is your helmet an HS1? I like the way your silk sits on it, I have an HS1 and HS1 silks but they don't stretch over flat and look as neat as yours.

Thank you. I wanted to make an effort. The stock is as cheatie 2-part ready made, my "pin" is one of my dear old long-time nan's brooches which I took a shine to and kept (I don't wear broaches per se tho!) And I have my little "Gracie" pin on my lapel.

20190602_093103-800x594.jpg

My hat cover is just a cheapie eBay jobby and is a little baggy at the back but bearable. I have a small head but luckily the hat's are big! I've mislaid the black Gatehouse one it came with and its driving me bonkers. I bought the HS1 in Countrywide's closing down sale last year - half price! It was a bit too tight at first and gave me headaches but as I know the padding in hats always gives, I stuck with it (the next size up was too big). When I had all my hair chopped off the headaches stopped! Perfect fit.

Reactions: Bodshi
You both look great. Glad you enjoyed it.
A little request from me. Can I have some pictures of your gracies mane. I know you hogged her just after I did Billy. I haven't touched his since I did it. I was going to tidy it up after it got washed but didnt in the end. I'd like to see what gracies looks like when your sitting on if possible. I just want to compare. I'm trying to decide if I let Billy's grow long again or if I rehog. Never having hogged before I want to see phases.

newrider.com