Weather please and Robinsons sale!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I have heard a rumour that its going to be icy and cold in the next couple of weeks - is this just a rumour or does anybody have any good weather sites they've visited and seen this on? (Just wondering how much I need worry about getting Joe's heavy weight rug washed)

Also, anybody bought anything today in the Robinsons sale? I got some stuff - whether it will appear is a different matter!:p

Well they are forecasting SNOW for the South West:eek:

There were definately a 'few' flakes falling the other day whilst down
the Yard.

It was 'freezing' down there today, I know I am not well at the moment so probably felt it more, but I gave my two the most HUMUNGOUS bed that
they will probably need a stepladder to climb onto:) they will soon 'flatten it' when they lie down, lol, and shedloads of hay, so at least I know they are OK until tomorrow.

Cannot bear to think they are Cold OR Hungry:eek: and I can now curl up by my log fire knowing they are OK.

Aw, yes, I know what you mean - I feel most mean if I think I have left Joe un-rugged when it gets to minus (they're both porky our pair and vet said to leave un-rugged as often as possible!). I often sit in front of our fire feeling mean!!!!!!!!!
I think its getting colder - but I wasn't sure if it were just me being soft! We have no proper heating at the office atm, only those pesky plug in heaters (which gobble leccy !!!) and don't really heat up the room....Am just warming up now its home-time!

back to the sale...

I just spied a baby blue headcollar with "superstar" written across the nose, if my TB's foster mummy spots that, rocky will soon be adorning one lol.

I'm hoping Panda is ok, now wearing 40gm rug, might go up to 100gm tomorrow. :eek: She always feels warm enough though, even in her no-fill.:confused:
As to the sale have ordered a pair of Equitector long boots, hope they come and that they fit.

I have ordered 3 of the Wool Blend Day rugs in the Robinson's sale..thought they would make a good extra layer under turnouts as well as for their intended use.

Good luck with the Equetector boots - mine lasted 6 months before the zip packed in !!! Company didn't want to know either, wanted to charge me for the pleasure of replacing the zips! Took 'em back to Robbies tho and they gave me the money back. Shame really cos they were an excellent fit! Just be careful with the zips is my advice!

Good luck with the Equetector boots - mine lasted 6 months before the zip packed in !!! Company didn't want to know either, wanted to charge me for the pleasure of replacing the zips! Took 'em back to Robbies tho and they gave me the money back. Shame really cos they were an excellent fit! Just be careful with the zips is my advice!

Oh no, I had the zip go on my Rimfrosts, don't really like zips to be honest, I've got Grasmeres, which I love was even allowed to wear them Jump Cross on Sunday, thought the Equitectors at £90 were such a good buy they would be ideal in the summer for shows - I love my Equitector short boots. Thanks for the warning, will really only use them for shows, hopefully they will be okay.

I treated my Equitectors like GOLD!!! I was prob just unlucky - hopefully yours will be fine. To be honest, I was more annoyed at the companies attitude - I had hardly worn them and after just 6 months I thought they were a tad dismissive. Anyway, hope you like them, as I said, they are a lovely fit and take no "wearing in" at all.

newrider.com