Weather

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Well the snow has melted, we now have torrential rain and gale force winds. The donkey field is really soft, the winter field has a river running through it.

Have brought the two donkeys over to the yard and let Fleur and Suze come in for a bit of relief as they were out all night. Electric fence is completely destroyed, it's everywhere. Turn off power, repair it, muck out donkey field shelter and get ready for them to return.

Finish mucking out yard from yesterday and do the stuff from overnight and then tonight the 7 equines contribution and see who can go back out or not

Even the dogs refused to go out, they woke up at 4am needing a comfort break, refused to go out, so have cleaned up where Harrison performed in the house. Sam, stoic or stupid cat, been out for 20 minutes and returned soaked and windswept.20200111_095708.jpg20200111_095725.jpg20200111_095725.jpg20200111_101204.jpg20200111_101213.jpg20200111_101252.jpg20200111_101254.jpg20200111_101447.jpg20200111_095608.jpg20200111_095635.jpg

Last edited:
I love your herd. I’m not surprised they don’t want to go out! I don’t think I would either, hopefully the weather will settle down again soon.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
We had gales overnight too. I was glad to tuck everyone in, even the big ginger one. He was so glad to be in the byre. Lovely pics btw.

Our fields are sodden too. The boys are in for a duvet day. They have had an hour in the indoor school this morning and will get another hour tonight but they seem very content just to stand and stuff their faces :)

hope your fields dry out. From what I’ve seen the weather has to dry up but stay windy so that will help dry the land up hopefully.

Sounds awful! Hope the weather subsided before your village floods :( what a nightmare.
Love the donkeys! OH always mentions wanting a donkey!

Love the donkeys! - Sadly, Hogan thinks they are the devils instruments. Hope the weather picks up for you - this rain is getting beyond a joke.

the comtois have gone out with Buddy, the two boy donkeys have gone into the field so hope to put them back where they should be. Aimee is on the yard eating in the sun.

Took 6 barrow loads off the yard this morning, thank goodness the trailer was emptied yesterday

Reactions: Jessey
Last 2 days record warmth 64f yesterday and probably 65f today
But HORRIBLE HORRIBLE winds to go with it.
This am add rain ugh Its sheeting rain out there right now.

BUT AT LEAST ITS NOT WHITE.... ;) ;) :) :) :cool::cool::cool:

ON A CUTE fun non weather note I found a couple YOGA GOAT
statues on line that came a few days ago.

Today may be an EBAY DAY shopping day:p:p

Reactions: Trewsers
Your weather sounds pants! It's blustery here but only a bit of rain overnight and some drizzle at lunchtime.
I've got yard envy, I love that huge overhang you have, that must be a lifesaver when the weather is crappy.

We are supposed to be battered by some mega storm this afternoon and into the evening. Think im going to see the boys this morning as i think it will hit by the time i get home from work. I dont think i will want to be out in it later. Also going to give them a bigger paddock. As the one they are in is currently next to the neighbours hedge line of some rather tall trees.

newrider.com