Weatherbeeta Airflow combo

loujay

Aug 9, 2007
Hi everyone, Im new on here.
Just wondered if any of you have the Weatherbeeta Airflow rug? How do the sizes come up? Ive had weatherbeeta in the past but the old style I found came up small and the new freestyle came up big. Ive seen one going cheap and thought I'd try it for use in the stable at night so it doesnt matter too much if he trashes it. Im going to get him a better one for during the day, been looking at the Pagony Ezcema rug as I think he may have sweet itch.
Thanks for any help.

Hi !
First of all, welcome ! :)

I have airflow combos for mine.
They size like the new freeestyle range, that is to say "generous" (compared to Masta or Horseware for example).

I have my 15.2 hh quarter horse in a 6'0" and my 2 yr old arab in a 5'9" (though he has room to grow into his a bit :D).

Just curious as to why you want to put a fly sheet on at night - is this for the midges ?

i have this rug. i don't think it is generous or small but then i tend to always use weatherbeeta. i measured my 14.2hh arab as a 5ft 6" and that is the rug size he has. i also have the denim mesh rug and i found that with the old freestyle system (with the gusset on the point of shoulder at the front) that it rubbed badly. i also thought it came up small. the new freestyle range i think are normal.
i would not recommend for high useage... i have the denim fly mesh thing for my boy who has slight sweet itch and it keeps the bugs off and if he rubs it basically stands up to it... he has ripped numerous holes in the airflow :mad: and it hasn't even been on half the time of the denim rug.

Hi, thanks for replying.
I need to try and stop or help prevent his rubbing during the night. The horses are stabled at night all year round and he has rubbed his hocks, tail, dock and now the sides of his face. I am waiting for the vet to blood test him to see exactly what is causing this but in the mean time I thought I'd try a fly rug overnight with a fresh one for during the day incase the night one gets covered in poo stains :eek: Hes wearing a rug and fly mask during the day and seems fine, its at night when hes itching.
I think the cheap one may be too big now after your advice. He is a good 6' 6 in other makes, sometimes 6'9 but the rug Ive seen is 6' 9. Wishful thinking really. Ah well.
Thanks for your replies.

newrider.com