Weekend plans?

Well I will be on lamb alert plus my hubby is just out of hospital after getting an operation yesterday so I will also be nursing him back to full recovery..he doesn't do sitting about lol I will try and go for a run with the dog and see if i can fit a ride in somewhere as long as the weather improves. We have had lots of rain and the river has burst its banks so we have flooded roads and fields . Oh and I am also going with my daughter in law on sunday to purchase a pram for my first grandchild which is due in June :D..prams are expensive :eek: lol

Riding this afternoon. I have a group lesson ("clinic" :rolleyes:) with a couple of yard mates tomorrow afternoon and on Sunday Dom is off to the Photography Show at the NEC....so I'll be wrapping up warm and riding again! :p

I'm making up for lost time though. What with saddle issues and mud fever I've only ridden a handful of times this year!!! :eek:

Well I will be on lamb alert plus my hubby is just out of hospital after getting an operation yesterday so I will also be nursing him back to full recovery..he doesn't do sitting about lol I will try and go for a run with the dog and see if i can fit a ride in somewhere as long as the weather improves. We have had lots of rain and the river has burst its banks so we have flooded roads and fields . Oh and I am also going with my daughter in law on sunday to purchase a pram for my first grandchild which is due in June :D..prams are expensive :eek: lol

Argh! You are too young to be a granny! Lol :p:D

We've had two days of gale force winds so it is set to drop tonight and we'll be making up for lost time! Mr T
might get a ride which will be fab and I'll walk with them. There's a few bits and bobs that have blown where they shouldn't have so need to sort those (gutters etc). Also Mr T will be making an anti kick stop Storm trashing the limestone pointing device for inside the byre:rolleyes:little minx has taken to buckarooing when given food - looks like something she's doing to warn the others off!! plus her leg must be feeling good!!!! Hmm. Apart from that T has the usual culinary delights planned. And of course I am here to taste them:D:D

I have a long weekend (use or lose leave) so this morning I picked up a load of hay, need to tidy up and get a ride in this afternoon, the weather is meant to turn tonight so no real plans then apart from riding if/when I can, until Monday when I have the saddler coming.....Hopefully.

We've got a weather warning for snow and ice too, plus strong winds forecast, so I'm not holding out much hope for a ride, we'll see how it goes though. Next week Raf is off to the vets for scoping for ulcers midweek, then I'm having my eyes lasered on Friday so no riding next week/end either If we had grass and turnout I'd be quite happy to give Raf a holiday for a couple of weeks, but as it is with no grass and very limited turnout it's not great. Especially as I'll probably have no excuse not to fill my time with housework lol.

We've got a weather warning for snow and ice too, plus strong winds forecast, so I'm not holding out much hope for a ride, we'll see how it goes though. Next week Raf is off to the vets for scoping for ulcers midweek, then I'm having my eyes lasered on Friday so no riding next week/end either If we had grass and turnout I'd be quite happy to give Raf a holiday for a couple of weeks, but as it is with no grass and very limited turnout it's not great. Especially as I'll probably have no excuse not to fill my time with housework lol.

Ah you are going to have the laser thing done then? I seem to remember Joellie having it done too. Will you let us know how you go on? Mr T is still weighing it up for himself.
Sorry to hear Raf is getting scoped - has he been showing symptoms quite severely?

Working both mornings, need to get started on some college assignments sat afternoon, lots of ale time and riding my share Sunday. Not massively exciting but keeping busy :)

Ah you are going to have the laser thing done then? I seem to remember Joellie having it done too. Will you let us know how you go on? Mr T is still weighing it up for himself.
Sorry to hear Raf is getting scoped - has he been showing symptoms quite severely?
Yes, I was encouraged by reading about @joellie's experience and decided to take the plunge. Seem to have been waiting ages for my actual date though.

TBH I'm not sure whether I'm doing the right thing having Raf scoped. I'm having it done because he's girth and because when he went off his food last year the vet said the next step would be scoping for ulcers. So when he went off his food again and at the same time the vet contacted me about a half price scoping clinic I got him booked in. Of course since then his appetite has come back and he's eating like a horse but I know if I cancelled he'd immediately go off his feed again :rolleyes:

Only thing is it's sponsored by the drug company and everyone keeps assuring me that because of that they will definitely find ulcers. Is it naive of me to think that vets wouldn't be so unethical? o_O

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
@Bodshi you wont regret getting your eyes done, its one of the best things I ever did. Also remember when you go in that I didn't feel anything at all while getting it done and just some sensitivity to light afterwards. Let us know how you get on.
Fingers crossed that Raf doesn't have ulcers.

Yes, I was encouraged by reading about @joellie's experience and decided to take the plunge. Seem to have been waiting ages for my actual date though.

TBH I'm not sure whether I'm doing the right thing having Raf scoped. I'm having it done because he's girth and because when he went off his food last year the vet said the next step would be scoping for ulcers. So when he went off his food again and at the same time the vet contacted me about a half price scoping clinic I got him booked in. Of course since then his appetite has come back and he's eating like a horse but I know if I cancelled he'd immediately go off his feed again :rolleyes:

Only thing is it's sponsored by the drug company and everyone keeps assuring me that because of that they will definitely find ulcers. Is it naive of me to think that vets wouldn't be so unethical? o_O

Hmm it's a tough one. The skeptic in me would say, yeah the drug company who are sponsoring it might encourage the vet to alert clients to what they normally would consider maybe only "borderline" cases but hey, surely they are bound by ethical rules etc??? Sorry, that probably isn't very helpful. I guess if there are ulcers then better to get them treated. I hope it goes well for him - are they coming to your yard? Will you be there watching / assisting?

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com