Weekend Plans....?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Having just seen that MP will be doing some dressage stewarding this weekend, it reminded me to ask what you are all up to?

Nothing planned for tomoz but on Sunday I am off to Stafford Horse Trials for a 2hr tour of what goes on behind the scenes. This will put me in good stead for my first volunteering as a BE fence judge at Cholmondley in a fortnight! :eek:

Whatever you're up to, have a good one!

Reactions: GaryB and MrC
I am umpiring all weekend so Kia is having a weekend in the field :)

We had a lovely hack at Chatelherault during the week and we have w few outings planned end of the month so just keeping his fitness ticking over and letting him enjoy his summer.

Still no riding for me :( although I've decided it's not the worst thing that Lottie is having a little holiday as when I ride again it will be to start getting her fit for hunting, bring on the walking :rolleyes: So we are having a "normal" weekend again and going car shopping.

Partially working but then hopefully riding too. I want to give the old bird a bath (Chloe) and maybe Zi. All depends on weather really. Apart from that, not a lot, though I will of course be partaking of Mr Trews cooking and some cold Fosters - maybe outside if the weather holds:D

Working tomorrow and then hopefully a nice hack on my share if it's not too hot!

Sunday I think I'm ragworting down my old yard all day! And it's my Aleiversary so will be celebrating that with him :)

I am dressage stewarding which I am really looking forward to. They are both at my favourite show venues so it will be nice to catch up with friends and be that nice supportive person on the ground.

Other than that, I think we may have a BBQ and drink the Prosecco that has been sat in my fridge for a few weeks.

Sunday I am off to Stafford Horse Trials for a 2hr tour of what goes on behind the scenes.
Whatever you're up to, have a good one!

I'm riding Amber at Stafford BE on Sunday. So look out for a Crazy Orange Beastie!!

Reactions: Jessey
Was going to a Funride on Sunday, but that's been postponed due to the heat. It was a lot to organise for a one off, so understand why they cancelled. But we've found another one to go to that they do monthly. Now we've had some rain it might have softened the ground a little as well.
So off for a hack with Billy in a mo and then coming back to clip Chunky. He was driven last night then shampooed ready for his date with my clippers. He's getting the night off from work. I clipped him at the end of May before our funride. But it has grown so much in 7 weeks its starting to resemble a winter coat. So its all coming off. I always find he feels more comfortable and has more energy once clipped.
Both shall have a light hack tomorrow.
Besides that i have plenty more bonding and halter training for my calves that i weaned almost 3 weeks ago. 7 have been on halters, just 1 left to put on. But 3 have been so easy. They don't even need to have halters on. They follow me round, and eat from my hand. Hard to believe these were 8 unhandled wild calves 3 weeks ago.

I'm riding Amber at Stafford BE on Sunday. So look out for a Crazy Orange Beastie!!
Have you got your start time? After the 'fishal bit, if you're still there I might wander over to the lorry park to say hi. I guess you'll be in the new "motah"? :p

9.36 dressage; 10.30 show jumping, 11.14 xc.

Walking the course at 8.

Hope to catch up with you and yes we are in Mylo.

Reactions: domane
My "course" is 10.30 to 12.30 so you may well be heading home before I come to find you. Mylo is very distinctive though so if you ARE still there, it shouldn't take too long to spot you! :D

Reactions: KP nut
I've got lots of friends riding so I'll be hanging around for a while! I like early stsrts as it's nice once you've finished to just relax and enjoy the day and support others.

Nothing much really.

I think it is going to rain. I have had spinal steroid injections this week so I want to take it easy on myself. I am just getting back to walking again too, which is good.

I will go through my Icelandic horse photos for a friend who wants them. Haakon, my old horse, is having his shoes taken off for a few weeks which my daughters will organise. I can't bend or lift these days.

The rain will be good, though. We could do with rain.

Today I'm going to look at a house with my friends, they've just had an offer accepted on it :) and later I plan to ride but it's already blooming warm so will see how hot and bothered I am after the car ride.
Tomorrow I had planned to do a class at a local show, but they only have a running order no times and the organisers couldn't even give me a ballpark time and if its hot I don't want to get there 2 hours early and have jess stuck standing in the sun tacked up, and as her cough has reappeared I don't really think charging about in a dust bowl is the brightest idea ever so I'm playing it by ear for now.

Was going to a Funride on Sunday, but that's been postponed due to the heat. It was a lot to organise for a one off, so understand why they cancelled. But we've found another one to go to that they do monthly. Now we've had some rain it might have softened the ground a little as well.
So off for a hack with Billy in a mo and then coming back to clip Chunky. He was driven last night then shampooed ready for his date with my clippers. He's getting the night off from work. I clipped him at the end of May before our funride. But it has grown so much in 7 weeks its starting to resemble a winter coat. So its all coming off. I always find he feels more comfortable and has more energy once clipped.
Both shall have a light hack tomorrow.
Besides that i have plenty more bonding and halter training for my calves that i weaned almost 3 weeks ago. 7 have been on halters, just 1 left to put on. But 3 have been so easy. They don't even need to have halters on. They follow me round, and eat from my hand. Hard to believe these were 8 unhandled wild calves 3 weeks ago.

What do you do with the winter coat?
Clip again maybe September/ October.
I strip clipped May and it makes a huge difference.

Didn't have any plans. So this happened and yes I know it's soapy. :D
Me thinks me needs to rethink the product!

PicsArt_07-14-05.04.05.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
Didn't have any plans. So this happened and yes I know it's soapy. :D
Me thinks me needs to rethink the product!
Soap flakes from Matthew Burks (Auchengree Clydesdales) Worth every penny because they foam up beautifully, wash well and rinse out in an instant. No faffing.

Soap flakes from Matthew Burks (Auchengree Clydesdales) Worth every penny because they foam up beautifully, wash well and rinse out in an instant. No faffing.
Will look into that. Thanks.
I am also clean because she likes to stamp if a puddle gathers. Just the one hoof.

What do you do with the winter coat?
Clip again maybe September/ October.
I strip clipped May and it makes a huge difference.
It will have regrown by September again. So yes another clip then. Also we are planning another funride (well two, one August and one September). We will make the most of the september one as it will probably be the last before his rider leaves for her new career and therefore probably his last ever Funride as his other rider isn't as confident and I dont think she would cope with his strength on a funride. Went for a short hack today and he flew up the field admittedly I held Billy back to start but I actually thought they were going to beat us to the top of the hill. So my late night clip finished at 12.30 this morning has obviously worked wonders.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com