Weekend plans?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
What's everyone up to this weekend?

I have a long weekend (off tomorrow) and I'm hoping it will be sunny. Going to go sit on Jess' half sister tomorrow, not sure how that will go as she was turned away for a long time after she was backed and when her owner got on last week she refused to move and put in a few little butt humps, but she was really sweet on the lunge on Monday. Saturday I am going to ride my friends Paint, with the plan of using her to lead my group ride next weekend if we get on, I've known her years but never ridden her before. Sunday I'll mostly be chilling and perhaps sitting on grace again if she doesn't kill me the first time :D Oh and I'll be reinforcing fences and possibly clipping naughty ponies :D

I was going to take pony out as practice run ahead of the Easter Holidays as we have a few fun shows planned for, but mini-ruskii brought home ANOTHER cold/flu thing so we are The House of Snot at the moment *cries*. I am feeling better today though but hoping I will be better by the weekend. Apart from that it will just be another weekend of things around the house to be done and if I'm feeling better now that the fields have been rolled and harrowed, I'll start putting up the fatty patch fencing as she's already put on a bit of weight over the last two weeks from the spring flush :eek:

I was going to take pony out as practice run ahead of the Easter Holidays as we have a few fun shows planned for, but mini-ruskii brought home ANOTHER cold/flu thing so we are The House of Snot at the moment *cries*. I am feeling better today though but hoping I will be better by the weekend. Apart from that it will just be another weekend of things around the house to be done and if I'm feeling better now that the fields have been rolled and harrowed, I'll start putting up the fatty patch fencing as she's already put on a bit of weight over the last two weeks from the spring flush :eek:
I hope you feel better soon, being sick is miserable :(

Reactions: Huggy
I hope the weather is warmer than today! If I want to hack I'll probably have to go out in the box because we're having the Tour de Yorkshire come through the village next month and in a magnificent display of joined up thinking, the powers that be have left it until last minute and now decided to resurface bits of our road - at the same time as the main road, which bypasses the village, is shut for other road works. Hence we have noisy road works in several places, plus big wagons trying to take a detour through the village, as well as the normal busy tractor traffic. It's chaos (and the road looks a right mess with random patches of new tarmac stuck all over it). I attempted a hack on Wednesday but didn't get far - in fairness Raf coped really well considering he is really scared of big traffic and we had to pass, or were passed by several large lorries. I ended up pausing on a triangle of grass on a junction and just letting him eat while we watched all the wagons go by - it only took about 15 minutes from him dancing about and trying to spin and go home every time a wagon came by to barely lifting his head and only giving a slight jump, so I was quite pleased anyway, but I want to do something nicer at the weekend!

I have 5 due to lamb between now and Sunday. So I will be busy juggling sheep and pens. My little shed is getting a bit full so I don't have enough space to have many individual lambing pens set up.
I've just arranged rides with the girls both days so that will mean I'm not horsing for as long. As I won't have to try exercising 2 both days.
I've also got to clear out our old shed which is going to fall down anytime. Its only a 40 year old wooden shed. It was our first goat shed, milking area and feed store. I still use it as the feed store and it stores all my sheep hurdles, yard tools and a few tyres which I'm hoping to make into a tyre jump one day. The shed has literally got no walls left as it's rotted away. The only thing holding it up is our old milking machine motor, the exhaust goes out the wall at one end. Take that away and it will fall. The only major problem is we need to get an electrician to move the electrics. As it was the first ever shed the electrics run from the house into the feed store and then to the rest of the yard if the shed falls it will rip out all the yard electrics. So I'll have no lights. I'd rather clear the stuff out now otherwise I will be sifting through roof felt and rotten timber.

I ended last week thinking I had a cold, and started this one realising I had flu. Feel vaguely human (just) today, so am hoping this weekend to give a bit more attention to Ramsey (looking pathetic about the neglect) and Hogan (looking extremely snarky about the neglect). Haven't poo picked for 4 days o_O so that, sadly is a priority.

Chunky Monkey ...ohhhhhh send
Baby photos.. :)

What are sheep hurdles????

Huggy.... lots of vibes to feel better

Little bit if a weekend change here:(
I have to do a bit of a stock up as best i can on second cut.
The goats need the second cut.
The horses get a combo of first and second with more second in the winter.
IT will be a learning experience For next year.
I have a good source for nice Canadian
First cut.
I called a place for second they are almost out we are only letting people have 5 bales:eek: feels like gas rationing of yhe 70,s
They may not have mote til fall:mad:
I will get the 5 when they open.
And see how their first looks ugh hate to drive up for just 5
Called another place no idea if they will get more.
My third source. Had a decent amount
Does he still???? If he does im going to
Try to get a few.loads.
I need to check anorher couple places
Closer to the old house.
With the bad flooding in the center of the country a lot may being diverted...
Huggy... dont feel bad I will totally be on
The sh.... list too
I had started to giving the horses more first than second but now.....
Sonny will just get second in the am
And Andi will go to ALL first cut.

One place i did not call near the old house
Has 100 to 200 or more trailers full in fall
The hay they get is good but i would not put it past them to send trailers out west to flood areas for more money and really jack the price
Up here on what they kept here.

I buy by quality not price.
I have 7 not 700 goats.... that are also
Very PAMPERED.

BUT HMMMMM to sit in a field of 700 babies :):):D:D:D ohhh
Id love that:rolleyes:

Well im on holiday from now! Plan on getting on Comet a couple more times in the field and then hopefully early next week we will start hacking out for short 20-30min walks. We have trotted under saddle more this week as well :)
Long rein Torin and i got some round fence posts for poles so want to start some pole work with him as well. Love some of the gravel from the back of the hemmel round the side and front where its settled more now and general spring things. Going to set in the left over dead grass and reeds in the paddocks and spray some bad areas of dock.
Also plan on having a few nights at the field as weather looks ok so far and i love waking up there but will be my 1st sleepover this year :)
Off to a friend's tonight and havung Indian take away tomorrow which im looking forward to :)
Oh and planning on shearing Tigger mid week,that should be fun!

My life is absolute chaos at the moment as I've got a huge number of uni assignments due and exams to revise for, work is being incredibly demanding, I've a poorly guinea pig requiring extra care, getting a new cat next week (my landladies, but still very exciting!) Lots of work to be done at Ale's field, Brodie's owner is away so I've got him extra, I'm dating again and trying to train for this 100km walk in May. So on my day off on Sunday I'll be attempting to do something to progress all of the above and most likely more!

My life is absolute chaos at the moment as I've got a huge number of uni assignments due and exams to revise for, work is being incredibly demanding, I've a poorly guinea pig requiring extra care, getting a new cat next week (my landladies, but still very exciting!) Lots of work to be done at Ale's field, Brodie's owner is away so I've got him extra, I'm dating again and trying to train for this 100km walk in May. So on my day off on Sunday I'll be attempting to do something to progress all of the above and most likely more!
Oooh my life's too dull!!!!

So after three failed attempts due to equine flu then an abscess I am trying to get out to a comp on sat. Had to go for unaffiliated as none available between now and the raf team selection Easter weekend.

First elementary of the year and a very hot excitable pony can’t say I’m looking forward to it but it had to be done

newrider.com