Weekend plans?

So after three failed attempts due to equine flu then an abscess I am trying to get out to a comp on sat. Had to go for unaffiliated as none available between now and the raf team selection Easter weekend.

First elementary of the year and a very hot excitable pony can’t say I’m looking forward to it but it had to be done
Oh hopefully enjoy and good luck!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Managed a lovely hack on Hogan after my horrible fluey week. Now have to heal my poor nose, which looks like it's been through a cheese grater. There is no such thing as a soft tissue - they ALL hurt!

Managed a lovely hack on Hogan after my horrible fluey week. Now have to heal my poor nose, which looks like it's been through a cheese grater. There is no such thing as a soft tissue - they ALL hurt!
Little tip for future colds/flu/runny noses... Rub blisteze on your nose after every blow/wipe, stings like holy hell for a few seconds but clears up dry sore nose skin really well and minimises the horrible 'hot' nose feeling.

I am at work as always, will be riding Belle in the morning hopefully and had a little ride yesterday on a new liveries pony mare, sweet little cob who's owner struggles to get moving and us considering selling, I must have electric knickers though as she was forward, off my leg and a total poppet for me, if I had some spare cash and lots of spare time and I wanted a divorce I'd snap her hand off for her......

Watched the Grand National for the first time in about 10 years and saw a horse killed at fence 1. Don't know what I was thinking, I should have known better than to watch :( You could see him thrashing around on the floor in the background and I can't get the image out of my head. Now stuffing my face with snack sized Milky Ways to make myself feel better.

Watched the Grand National for the first time in about 10 years and saw a horse killed at fence 1. Don't know what I was thinking, I should have known better than to watch :( You could see him thrashing around on the floor in the background and I can't get the image out of my head. Now stuffing my face with snack sized Milky Ways to make myself feel better.
Oh god I'm glad I missed that. I can't even watch the clips on the news anymore.

Ohhh joosie that sounds awful
A lot of horses. 23 have died at SANTA ANITA Since it opened for the season
and its been closed several times in the last few weeks. To figure out what's gone wrong with the footing.
Nothing has been televised but there will be some.
I won't watch any races from that track.

One of our liveries said the same Joosie, she was traumatised by seeing it too. Sadly it’s something you can’t ever un see, one of those moments when I’m actually glad I was at work. RIP now lovely horse.

After early rain yesterday it turned lovely
I went to a tack sale early got some fun stuff.
Planted some sunflower seeds in compost.
Got some second cut.

And WOO HOO RODE .. its been forever with wind snow ice and footing

Hopefully more hay today
And ANOTHER RIDE.

It will be another lovely day before a few days of rain..but at least its not snow.
Ugh friday nights rain did start as SNOW.

Got some really lovely gigantic bales second cut.
WE got a truck full then I went back and filled the car
We did not get the truck uloaded til after dark.
The hay really is nice and omg the bales over 60 lbs
I was pushing to the tailgate and when I got further back in the truck I had trouble
pushing them they were so heavy.
Sonny positioned himself as hay testeer so that "daddy" would let him sample every
load going past.:p:p

Put electric fence across Hogans field, in the hope that I don't have to put a muzzle on to keep his weight down. Left him and Ramsey in the barn, and it seems they are now best buds. Nose to nose over the partition, with Hogan grooming Ramsey. Nice to see. :) Brought Alfie up this afternoon while I poo picked. The dog who often turns his nose up at dog biscuits loves Dodson & Horrell 16 plus. Stood under Ramsey in the hope he'd drop some (which he did) then waited hopefully by the feed bins. :rolleyes:20190413_164910.jpg20190413_165344.jpg

Heard about a 4 h auction on the news early in the am.
Supposedly farm implements animals
All sorts of things.

We went

We did not stay long. It was lean on anything farmy very heavy on animals as in Easter dinner on the hoof and wing..:(:(
I can't do that.
We did end up having a super lunch in the middle of nowhere diner...well named..
The food was super.

Its gotten sunny and warm out I'm relaxing in the sun Sonny is enjoying grass in the front yard and lol wind is in the direction lol
To hear the cars on the race track a few towns over and i hear lots of peepers :):)

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Late yesterday i transplanted some forsythia to out along stone wall in front of my arena

Omg they grew so much bigger in the baby beds from the ones i put out along the wall all from the same group of seedlings

Dragging the hoses out there was a horror show
They were out on the cement pad with some of the play stuff behind my arena
They must have come to life and tangled themselves all up
Early this am i mulched them.

Reactions: Huggy
Late yesterday i transplanted some forsythia to out along stone wall in front of my arena

Omg they grew so much bigger in the baby beds from the ones i put out along the wall all from the same group of seedlings

Dragging the hoses out there was a horror show
They were out on the cement pad with some of the play stuff behind my arena
They must have come to life and tangled themselves all up
Early this am i mulched them.
Hoses do that.lol

newrider.com